SOYO K7V DRAGON+ Plus VIA KT266A compitable with..

Teknoman

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001
SOYO K7V DRAGON+ Plus VIA KT266A with the new nvida g4 cards. im building a new pc and i bought this mother board with a abit geforce 4 4400 videocard and i wanna know if ill encounter any problems. some people wonder why i didnt go with kt333 but i dont think the performance is enough for me to spend the extra money. ALSO how is the sound on this motherboard, i do have soundblaster but wanna know if i can us the onboard instead

You've gotten yourself a very good motherboard, I've got the same board. The onboard sound is not slouchy its pretty good it gives you 5.1 surround, which is comparitively on the Sound Blaster Live level of card. Now the SB Audigy Gamer or above in the Audigy series sounds a notch above the onboard sound, I know this for a fact because I had the Audigy Gamer card before I got the Dragon motherboard so I actually tried both to see if there was a difference and the Audigy edged out the onboard sound so I'm running the Audigy card. I,ve also had the SB Live card and Its even with the onboard sound.

Raist999

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2002
I put together a PC about 2 months ago with the Soyo Dragon +/ Athlon XP 1900+. I have not had any problems and I am very happy with the stability and performance. The onboard sound is very good. Nice choice.