Type : RegData
Data : "about:blank"
Rootkey : HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Object : Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Value : Start Page
Data : "about:blank"

Deep registry scan result :
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
New objects : 1
Objects found so far: 1

Marsha;

Do you have your Home Page set to about: Blank or is your Home Page getting
hijacked and set to about: Blank??

If you're getting hijacked try HijackThis.

HijackThis

Scroll down to Official downloads | HijackThis (zipped):
--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:Oi%23WUOeOEHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have Ad Aware which picks this up, Spybot, Norton, Windows XP, all
> current with updates. I delete this & it keeps coming back. How do
> I get rid of this pest?
> Thanks,
> Marsha
>
> Started deep registry scan
> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
> Possible browser hijack attempt : Software\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\MainStart Pageabout:blank
>
> Possible Browser Hijack attempt Object recognized!
> Type : RegData
> Data : "about:blank"
> Rootkey : HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> Object : Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
> Value : Start Page
> Data : "about:blank"
>

> Deep registry scan result :
> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
> New objects : 1
> Objects found so far: 1

My homepage is set to about Blank & it changes to something else.

> Marsha;
>
> Do you have your Home Page set to about: Blank or is your Home Page
getting
> hijacked and set to about: Blank??
>
> If you're getting hijacked try HijackThis.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>
> Scroll down to Official downloads | HijackThis (zipped):
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:Oi%23WUOeOEHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I have Ad Aware which picks this up, Spybot, Norton, Windows XP, all
> > current with updates. I delete this & it keeps coming back. How do
> > I get rid of this pest?
> > Thanks,
> > Marsha
> >
> > Started deep registry scan
> > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
> > Possible browser hijack attempt : Software\Microsoft\Internet
> > Explorer\MainStart Pageabout:blank
> >
> > Possible Browser Hijack attempt Object recognized!
> > Type : RegData
> > Data : "about:blank"
> > Rootkey : HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> > Object : Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
> > Value : Start Page
> > Data : "about:blank"
> >

> > Deep registry scan result :
> > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
> > New objects : 1
> > Objects found so far: 1

HijackThis
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe

[[A general homepage hijackers detector and remover. Initially based on the
article Hijacked!, but expanded with almost a dozen other checks against
hijacker tricks. It is continually updated to detect and remove new hijacks.
It does not target specific programs/URLs, just the methods used by
hijackers to force you onto their sites. As a result, false positives are
imminent and unless you are sure what you're doing, you should always
consult with knowledgable folks (e.g.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/forums.html) before deleting anything.

A rudimentary HijackThis log tutorial by me is available here.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/htlogtutorial.html

The official HijackThis QuickStart for posting on the SpywareInfo forums is
available here.]]
http://tomcoyote.org/hjt/

===================

CWShredder
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

[[A small utility for removing CoolWebSearch (aka CoolWwwSearch, YouFindAll,
White-Pages.ws and a dozen other names). Spybot S&D and Ad-aware tend to
forget essential parts of the hijack, so until they update, you can use this
to completely remove the hijack. This program is updated to remove the new
variants once they come out.
Read my article with documentation on Coolwebsearch here.]]

=================

2) SpywareBlaster
SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever
being installed.
The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And
SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:ey%23N9yfOEHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
> My homepage is set to about Blank & it changes to something else.

>> Marsha;
>>
>> Do you have your Home Page set to about: Blank or is your Home Page
>> getting hijacked and set to about: Blank??
>>
>> If you're getting hijacked try HijackThis.
>>
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>>
>> Scroll down to Official downloads | HijackThis (zipped):
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:Oi%23WUOeOEHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I have Ad Aware which picks this up, Spybot, Norton, Windows XP, all
>>> current with updates. I delete this & it keeps coming back. How do
>>> I get rid of this pest?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marsha
>>>
>>> Started deep registry scan
>>> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
>>> Possible browser hijack attempt : Software\Microsoft\Internet
>>> Explorer\MainStart Pageabout:blank
>>>
>>> Possible Browser Hijack attempt Object recognized!
>>> Type : RegData
>>> Data : "about:blank"
>>> Rootkey : HKEY_CURRENT_USER
>>> Object : Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
>>> Value : Start Page
>>> Data : "about:blank"
>>>

>>> Deep registry scan result :
>>> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
>>> New objects : 1
>>> Objects found so far: 1

map

http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.php

You're welcome. Post back and let us know how it turns out.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:OaB8f0hOEHA.2480@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thank you,
> Marsha

When you run Ad-aware and it shows about: Blank as being a possible problem,
set it to Ignore it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:OaB8f0hOEHA.2480@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thank you,
> Marsha

If this keeps up, it is what I need to do. As of today, it is gone & not
happening anymore. Thanks to everyone for the help offered.
Marsha

> When you run Ad-aware and it shows about: Blank as being a possible
problem,
> set it to Ignore it.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:OaB8f0hOEHA.2480@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Thank you,
> > Marsha

>"Marsha" <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote:
>If this keeps up, it is what I need to do. As of today, it is gone & not
>happening anymore. Thanks to everyone for the help offered.
>Marsha

I had the same situation because I have about:blank set as my start
page. It wasn't until I remembered that Ad-Aware has forums that I
found that they were exercising an abundance of caution. With this
"possible problem" in the ignore list, it shows up with each scan but
doesn't trigger the Mean Spider.

You bet.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:uHD2UbtOEHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
> If this keeps up, it is what I need to do. As of today, it is gone &
> not happening anymore. Thanks to everyone for the help offered.
> Marsha

>> When you run Ad-aware and it shows about: Blank as being a possible
>> problem, set it to Ignore it.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:OaB8f0hOEHA.2480@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Thank you,
>>> Marsha

Hi Maureen,
My start page was also set as about:blank.....problem solved.
Thanks,
Marsha

"Maureen Goldman" <inkslinger@FOGsunshine.net> wrote in message
> >"Marsha" <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote:
> >If this keeps up, it is what I need to do. As of today, it is gone & not
> >happening anymore. Thanks to everyone for the help offered.
> >Marsha
>
> I had the same situation because I have about:blank set as my start
> page. It wasn't until I remembered that Ad-Aware has forums that I
> found that they were exercising an abundance of caution. With this
> "possible problem" in the ignore list, it shows up with each scan but
> doesn't trigger the Mean Spider.

Iam using XP OS and my internet explorer home page is about:blank in the
address bar and in the window its opening as searchfor... in that lot
of there as arts entertainment etc.It also comes as Spy ware detected
microsoft internet explorer while opening each page these windows open
and ask for spyware detected your IP address is 61.11.45.164 and it
asks download an anti spyware scanner for free I formated the system
twice but not able to fix the problem. Please find a suitable solution
for me
rgds
subash
--
subash
No-5, V.K.A Complex,

I tried spyboy hijack this cwshredder but and all antvirus scan is
uptodate
any one help me bfr it spoils all my other systems
rgds
subash
--
subash
No-5, V.K.A Complex,

It is obvious that you have spyware. Some of the variants are very
difficult to get rid of. Check through Jim Eshelman's site here
http://aumha.org/win5/a/parasite.htm
You might also want to upload your HiJackThis log file to Jim's forum here
http://forum.aumha.org/index.php?c=12

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp