More Newbie DF2 Qs. Types of Battles?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi Again:

Capture the flag is great. Now I'd like to try other
kinds of team combat.

I took a shot at team king of the hill. That seems
to be our team respawning at the bottom of the hill, and
charging up to an almost certain death. I almost never
saw an opponent. Are they doing the same thing on the
opposite side of the hill? I ran far from the combat
and circled around, just to look at what was happening on
the other side, but some sharp shooter took me out before
I could get a look.

When I got into the structure at the top of the hill
a percentage was displayed. It would increase or decrease
as I moved around. What was that indicating?

Anyway. Is there a site that will describe the
different types of team combat available?

Can I assume that my teammates are immune to any of
my weapons?

On CTF, sometimes I would grab a flag and get shot
after bringing it almost back to base. I could then
run back and pick it up where I'd dropped it. But
I've seem messages indicating that the flag had been
returned to it's original location. When is the flag
returned?

I appreciate the advice I'm receiving. Both here
and online from my team mates.

Thanks
Larry
AKA Dragon

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

> Are they doing the same thing on the
> opposite side of the hill? I ran far from the combat
> and circled around, just to look at what was happening on
> the other side, but some sharp shooter took me out before
> I could get a look.

Larry, yes the other team is most likely spawning on the other side of the
hill. It is a race to get there first to defend the hill and gain time in
the zone. It all depends on what the map maker set up for that particular
map.

> When I got into the structure at the top of the hill
> a percentage was displayed. It would increase or decrease
> as I moved around. What was that indicating?

That percentage means you were in the zone. The higher the percentage the
more you are in the zone. If you are on the edge of the zone the number
will be lower. Regardless, if you have a percentage showing you are in the
zone for your team. The obejective is to stay there and keep the other team
out. Most servers have a time limit set; I.E. if it is set for 10 minutes
then your team can win as long as someone on your team is in the zone for 10
minutes. If you and a teammate are in the zone and you are killed your
team's time is still going because a team mate is still in the zone. If the
zone is cleared of your team then the timer starts from zero once a team
member gets back in the zone.

> Anyway. Is there a site that will describe the
> different types of team combat available?

There use to be many sites. Do a search for DF2 and you should find some
help. I don't play DF2 anymore and don't have any sites bookmarked.

> Can I assume that my teammates are immune to any of
> my weapons?

It depends on if Friendly Fire is turned on for that server. I prefer it to
be on, that keeps the spray and pray players who never take their fingers
off of the trigger from just throwing bullets all over the place and not
have to worry about killing a team mate.

> On CTF, sometimes I would grab a flag and get shot
> after bringing it almost back to base. I could then
> run back and pick it up where I'd dropped it. But
> I've seem messages indicating that the flag had been
> returned to it's original location. When is the flag
> returned?

If you take a flag and dont make it back to your main flag because you were
killed the flag will remain there unless someone on the opposing team runs
up and touches it. If they do the flag returns to where it was when you
first got it. If not you will find the flag right where you got killed.

> I appreciate the advice I'm receiving. Both here
> and online from my team mates.

Your very welcome. It's nice to see someone asking questions here and not
trolling the news groups.

FlytEng<GD>

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

someone say troll?

--
Damor <TZW>
www.timezone-warriors.net

Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
inevitable....

"FlytEng<GD>" wrote in message
> Your very welcome. It's nice to see someone asking questions here and not
> trolling the news groups.
>
> FlytEng<GD>

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Get back under your bridge!!! I just dropped a dz cans of Tui there ;O)
"Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> someone say troll?
>

> --
> Damor <TZW>
> www.timezone-warriors.net
> DF:Joint Ops and Operation Flashpoint
>

> Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
> inevitable....
>

> "FlytEng<GD>" wrote in message
>> Your very welcome. It's nice to see someone asking questions here and
>> not
>> trolling the news groups.
>>
>> FlytEng<GD>

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Wheres the bomb?
"Marc" <cantdo@noway> wrote in message

> So now we got the regs back AND the trolls are back to ??OMFG
> home sweat home
> gr
> Heini^NB^

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

"Wheres the bomb?" asked bobtail

Psssttt.....The Limo driver knows the way......<wink wink>

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Cool!! Can he set me up with hot chicks too?
"Goose<GD>" <notgonnahappen@inyourlife.TNT> wrote in message
> "Wheres the bomb?" asked bobtail
>

> Psssttt.....The Limo driver knows the way......<wink wink>

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Nope, that's 2 bombs... Then you need another Limo driver then the one Goose
mentioned.

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>