ECS K7AMA Mobo Issues

thome50

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
I just bought this mobo with a Athlon XP 1800. Installed everything in the case with a 300 watt power supply and hit the power and it posted. Went through and couldn't auto detect my hard drive or cd drives, but I have had issues like this previously with other systems so I didn't think it was an issue. When it finished auto detection and found nothing, it started to display some other text but before I could read anything it completely shut down. I go to restart and it didn't respond.

I checked the power supply in another machine and it is working. I didn't have another 300 watt power supply but I put a 250 watt power supply thinking that it would at least start up but still nothing happened.

I cleared the CMOS and still nothing. Double checked the wiring for the reset and power up on the mobo and it still wouldn't power on.

Anything else I can check or is this mobo dead? If it is dead is there anything I could have done to cause this since it did start and was on for a good 3 min before it went down? Or did it just go dead by itself? Thanks for any help.

BeerStore

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2002
u got an ECS, it werks like an ECS.
got an ECSK7S5A..rebooting all the times--->power supply?NO..memeory???NO...OS??..NO...HDD??..NO..drivers...??NOOO.
dont blame them..it is the mobo itself(in my case the cheap chipset cooler was doing its job properly).
how i fixed that? LOL
i took the ecs back and got an ASUS A7V266 on VIAKT266a.
result? paid the diff (aroun 25$)and now i have a perfect system(with an AMD1800+).
good luck

If it works, don't fix it.