Giga-Byte mobo owner in need of advice...

Scorpio_37

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
I have a Gigabyte GA-7DX+ that I purchased 3 months ago. I was having major problems with getting my video card to work which was a siluro ti200 gf3 It kept wanting to reboot if I tried to use any program that required some sort of graphics. I replaced the card with a Xtacy GF4 to no avail the same thing, I tried all the drivers and the detonator drivers. Then the step cane to reflash my Bios with a current one so I did... It failed... I called Gigabyte and in there efforts to help me I corrupted my secondary bios. So here I sit now 3 months later just recieved my board back from Gigabyte.. Still having the same problem but worse now. I installed a fresh copy of XP home and the board only recognizes a 1.13 ghz processor it is supposed to be 1.53. The FSB is set at 100 because if I flip the dip switch to 133 it freezes after the memory countdown. But it does recognize the 1800+ amd cpu in 133 mode. It does runs stable at 1.13 but I want what I really have .. I am still having the video problems. It reboots if I try to play any game that requires 3d graphics. I called Gigabyte about this problem. They recommended the newer bios which I tried to flash while I was on the phone with Gigabyte.. (to ensure I was doing it right) The flash failed (again)..Gigabyte was little to no help in telling me what is really going on with my board. So now I am sitting here with a corrupt primary Bios again!! Thank goodness I didnt listen to the Gigabyte tech and mess with the secondary... I replaced my psu today thinking It might be a power problem I switched from a 350 psu to a 400 and still the same problems... any advice??

Danny

Gigabyte GA-7dx+
512 mb PC2100 DDR
16/12/40 cdr
pioneer dvd
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
400 watt power supply
Abit Siluro GF3 t1200 AGP
Amd approved CPU cooling fan
AMD 1800+ CPU
1 side mounter cooling fan
Maxtor 7200 rpm 60 gig HD

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Save the frustration and just buy a new mobo. Knowing Taiwanese companies, they have no service. Probably gave you your old board back or one of their older failed revisions. Don't ever expect the original manufacturer to help much besides what's already posted on their web site. This is basically true with any components, unless you're dealing with hard drive companies, because these guys have legal remifications for when their products break.

The good news is a new mobo won't cost you a whole lot.

Censorship makes us so much more creative.

vinviper

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
Yeah replace it, with another manufacturers, like I did, went for the Asus instead of sticking with that Gigabyte headache!!

vinviper

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
Oops sorry, I was referring to the GA-7VRXP, which is not what you have probs with!

Still I am severely p***ed at Gigabyte for a poor showing and crap support.