problem opening documents in Word

Hello, hope you are all making it a great day. I have a problem opening my documents in Word. I can see that the documents are there but I get a pop up box saying "Unable to read file" or mostly saying that the document "is not available." Can anyone tell me what may be causing that problem and how I can fix it? And thank-you for any help I can get with this. Randy.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem opening documents word

    Please visit the appropriate Word newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Randy" <rtaverner@sympatico.ca> wrote in message:

    | Hello, hope you are all making it a great day. I have a problem opening my documents in Word. I can see
    that the documents are there but I get a pop up box saying "Unable to read file" or mostly saying that the
    document "is not available." Can anyone tell me what may be causing that problem and how I can fix it? And
    thank-you for any help I can get with this. Randy.

My Documents Microsoft Windows XP