Asus P4S533

have new System with P4S533 P4 1.8GHz win 98 SE. Asus Probe always reads cpu temp 40°C. tried athe hw monitors but they all say smbus and sensor not present. How can I get temp readings?
7 answers Last reply
More about asus p4s533
  1. I don't have an answer but I would like to know why you bought a mobo w/ 533MHz fsb and put a 400 mhz fsb cpu on it?

How did I get here???
  2. money problem
  3. d00d, that's really a stupid question, read lately? The 1.8A goes to 2.4B at 533, it's almost a sure thing and saves you something like $200.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  4. Ahh, don't worry, about temps 40C is just fine. Just do yourself a favour and overclock that thing to 2.4GHz.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:
  5. download a newer version of asus probe...it'll read the temps. correctly afterwards.
    just FYI...the same thing happened to me and updating asus probe fixed it.

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:
  6. Asus probe, or as I like to call it: anus probe, stinks. Unfortunately this board is not supported by motherboard monitor yet.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.
  7. of course...but its the only way to find out your temps on a sis chip...other than the readings from the BIOS...
    but i use the digitaldoc 5...which takes readings directly from a thermal probe that i put on the cpu...cant get readings more accurate than that.

:eek: <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek:
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus CPUs Monitors