Feedback On Epox 8K3A+ !!

CarlosUK

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2002
Going to get a new 333 board and wondering what peoples thoughts or feedback were on the Epox 8K7A+ board. Anyone had one or currently using one?? Anyone heard good or bad things about them. The system is used for gaming with Win2kPro installed. It's going to be an 1800xp CPU but then again it might be the 2200XP Throughbred depending on funds.

Cheers :)

P.S Is there any other mobo's that people would recomend instead of this one. Also i'm not looking into overclocking so does'nt need to be for that

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by CarlosUK on 06/14/02 12:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
errr which one is the 8K7A?

i got the 8K3A+
its very sweet and even more stable.
however its sacrificed certain features for overclock options.

lucky i dont use such features :smile:

<font color=purple>All advice I offer has been
Audited by Arthur Anderson.</font color=purple>

CarlosUK

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2002
Sorry yeah, the 8K3A+.

So ya saying that it's good for overclocking?? Whats features does it not have then??

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by CarlosUK on 06/14/02 10:17 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yeah its good
overclocking is excellent

i got my old thundabird 1200C 100Mhz higher than what i could on my old sdram kt133a board

up to 2.2v for the cpu!
problem is the extreme voltage & speed killed the cpu *laughs*

only things that are really missing are onboard LAN, USB2.0, and active overheat protection.

these are of no issue to me because
A. i dont need lan or usb2.0
B. if i ever do i can get PCI cards pretty cheaply to do the job.
C. the temp for the XP cpu IS taken from the internal diode, and overheat protection is there, so it will be protected if the fan stops anyway.

all in all, a sweet board.
plus the socket is clean... it fits my monster MCX462 cooler nicely.

<font color=purple>All advice I offer has been
Audited by Arthur Anderson.</font color=purple>