GA-7VRXP Nothing but Problems! NEED HELP!!!!

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
OK I have the the GA-7VRXP, AMD 2100+, 2 40gig maxtor ATA133 hard drives, OCZtech DDR 366(run at 333),Geforce 4 TI 4600, and a sound blaster audigy. Put them all together.

Start winXP install.

First problem have hard time seeing drivers. Keeps comming back with nothing. Sees them but has choice for 2 different drivers. Setup files says I'm supposed to chose the "WinXP FastTrak133-Lite Controller" driver when prometed to, but gives me these to options "WinXP MFastTrak133-Lite Controller" and "WinXP SFastTrak133-Lite Controller". WTF??? Nothing I can find any were says any thing about this.

Next problem. No matter which one I choose I can only use quick format. I can't use the regular format computer crashes.

Next problem. had windows running and few different times would get a blue screen kernel stack error and computer would crash.

Next problem had winamp open went to Xbox.com to watch video. clicked on video computer froze. started to close programs and then it just rebooted. Won't go into windows now get blue screen error. Have no idea why or what happened.

Next problem think bios might need to be updated. My board came with F4 bios. I tried to flash to F6 using the procedures they had listed on gigabytes website. Computer boots back up with cmos checksum bad, gives you option to go into setup or load defualts. Then go into setup. computer won't boot if CAS is set to 2 in bios(it would before). Then if you do set everything and leave it at cas 2.5 computer gets to after it checks the raid array before it should look to CD-ROM to load winXP it freezes with a beep from PC speaker that continues forever. Only way to get past that despite several trys with different floppy and files on F6 bios, was I had to load the F4 bios back, but now computer still won't post with CAS 2 memory setting(this is DDR 366 should run at CAS 2 at 333 speed???) then now I can get to winXP load driver for raid card(still don't know which driver to choose "M" or "S") then gives error about the file. Tried different floppies just in case. nothing has helped. can not get it to load driver...

What the hell have I done wrong?? I set the array up correctly and every thing. This is not my first raid computer. Although last one had highpoint controller(abit motherboard). Getting sick of the Promise(gigabyte motherboard) crap real quick!!! Need help have no idea what to do??? HELP PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me how to set up and install computer step by step if you have to..... JUST NEED SOME HELP...ANY HELP AT ALL!!!!!!

Error RAID!!! Error RAID!!! Heads crashing down everywhere, oh the humanity!!!!

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
why do you think its that? I mean I haven't heard any thing bad about the memory and they actually tell you what CAS the memory is at different speeds, and the exact timings the memory will run at. Dought very seriously it is the OCZtech memory. And memory alone can not cause all those problems.

Error RAID!!! Error RAID!!! Heads crashing down everywhere, oh the humanity!!!! <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Kal326 on 06/14/02 11:26 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
do a search in this forum for OCZ and read whats said about it. Basically, it's a big scam, and is real crap. It will not overclock reliably at all, and has trouble being stable even at it's rated speeds. Bad RAM can cause a bevy of problems, some of which you would never attribute to RAM. Check out my sig.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
Really? Well..Iam using 256 MB OCZ DDR 2400 ram overclocked at 333 cas2 and stable as a rock. Not bad considering its rated at 300. Haven`t had a BSOD since installing it. Just ordered another 256MB from NewEgg for 48 bucks.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
good luck, you'll need it. (BTW, I got sucked in by the OCZ marketing bull$hit myself, so I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop myself). But I'm certainly not dumb enough to buy from them anymore. Once bitten, etc.

I guess you weren't around in the memory forum when the guy exposed the OCZ scam over at the madonion forums. Too bad. It's hard to believe how severe the whole OCZ scam really is, until you read that thread. Too bad it got deleted, by the usual lawyers threats. It certainly opened my eyes.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

poorboy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2002
That drops madonions credibility for me... Sites need the backbone to ignore that crap. Use the standard disclaimers and they can't touch you. Ok, if it was a misleading article then fine, but a community type forum? And it just show what a bunch of idiots OCZ are. Folks, give your hard-earned wad to a company that looks after it's customers.

Lawyers will try anything for a buck, and justify screwing someone over by saying it's in their clients best interests. (One recently got done for attempted *extortion* in my homeland - threatening legal action if $50K wasn't provided for his client. It's about time this rubbish was seen for what it is. w00t!)

edit:btw, to see if the memory is the problem, try <A HREF="http://www.teresaudio.com/memtest86" target="_new">memtest86</A>.

<i>Do I look like I care?</i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by poorboy on 06/16/02 04:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>