ASUS A7V333 conflicts

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
I was wondering what sort of issues if any, anyone was having with the audigy MP3 or SB live! soundcards with the A7V333. I heard something about some conflicts. just checking up on it. thanks.

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
Yeah, the soundblaster live and audigy cards dont like the chipset that is used with this mobo. The chipset, made by VIA, conflicts with the soundblasters. My suggestion is to just go with a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I am building a comp and thats what I am using. I hear it is a better choice with better drivers and sound.

Also if you are going with an audigy sound card i have been told not to use it with Windows XP. This guy called it the "squeal of death" it just crashed. If you want to stick with a soundblaster you can try to update the chipset drivers from VIA, i think they are called 4 in 1 drivers, not sure though. Personally I wouldn't want to deal with all the crap, I would just go with Turtle Beach.

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Audigy will not have problem with XP and A7V333. My cousin is using both in his computer and he did not have any problem with them.

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
Really, audigy will work with that setup. OMG i was told that it may cause problems by one of my friends. I did research and some people did say stuff about it. Reviews on Pricegrabber about the audigy gamer had some stuff like that.

vinviper

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2002
My system -
Windows XP
Asus AV7333
XP2100+
512mb DDR333
GEF 3
SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY

Works perfectly.

Be sure to download the latest XP drivers from creative.com.

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
Sure here is the link to where the reviews on the audigy are. Im sure if u get the latest drivers it would be fine though. Its most likely an overrated problem.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=470046/id_type=M/ut=189751fa361c7386/

G

yes, exactly.

extract from the review:
Strengths:
Best quality sound period!

Weaknesses:
Software installation.

Summary:
I purchased this card to replace a Diamond Multimedia MX300 (a very good card) that caused conflicts with my system. Installation of the physical card was easy. However, it took two installations to get the software installed. Time consuming but ok. My system is AMD-based with VIA chipset. I downloaded and installed the latest VIA drivers before I installed the SB card. Highly recommend anyone with and AMD/VIA based system to do the same. There are reports of conflicts between the SB card and AMD/VIA based systems. Upgrading the VIA drivers will fix that.

Highly recommend this card. However, wish I had sprung for the Platinum version (to get the head unit). It can be purchased separately but costs more than the card itself