PDA w/ BlueTooth or PDA Phone

I have been anxiously awaiting, as many others have, for Verizon to come
out with the TREO 600 or TREO 610 (as leaked this past weekend). After
hearing that Verizon will limit which applications can be installed on
these devices by the use of a Verizon digital signature, I started
reading up on a regular PDA.

Allot of the PDA's from Palm and HP now have WiFi and Blue tooth built
in. I have heard that if you have a blue tooth phone (And Lord knows
when we'll get one from Verizon), that you can connect your PDA through
your phone without cords, etc. This would give you the freedom of
installing anything that you would like AND give you the additional
functionality of using a wireless LAN instead of the minutes on your
cell phone to access the internet.

I think this may be the route that I will go. Just wish Blue tooth would
catch on quicker here in the States like it has overseas. Seems like
we're (being the US) always behind the Europeans when it comes to this
stuff.

Previously on alt.cellular.verizon, Bob Keenan said:

; I have been anxiously awaiting, as many others have, for Verizon to come
; out with the TREO 600 or TREO 610 (as leaked this past weekend). After
; hearing that Verizon will limit which applications can be installed on
; these devices by the use of a Verizon digital signature, I started

How can they do that? If it's a standard PDA/smartphone, I don't see
how they can limit what software I can install on it. That would be
like Comcast trying to control what software I install on my desktop
computer.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan <*> www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled <*> Send personal mail to gordol

"Kid, at the end of a wormhole jump you're either in the right place or
you're a bucket of quarks smeared between Antares and Oz." (Meyhew
[Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Warriors Apprentice"])

TRENDING THREADS