Canada Coverage

babaloo

Distinguished
May 3, 2003

I will be travelling this summer to Mon Tremblant and Montreal. Anybody have
experience re: coverage?

"Babaloo" <babloo_1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I will be travelling this summer to Mon Tremblant and Montreal.
Anybody have
> experience re: coverage?

I travel there many times a year. In Montreal you will get great
reception, in Mount Tremblant you will probably be in spotty areas
since they are away from the major arteries.

Its .69¢ a minute while roaming in Canada unless you have the Canada
plan added on to your service.

Elector

It will work fine...just remember to change your plan to the US/CA plan
before going there....

In article <Xns94DD81E406282ayeemnrrcom@24.94.170.88>,
Andy Yee <yeehaw@RRmn.rr.com> wrote:
>That plan only seems to be offered on the west coast, according to
>Verizon's site...

Singlerate USA+Canada is available everywhere. It just isn't listed on
the website.
--
Mark Henderson
"Heilir æsir. Heilar ásynjur. Heil sjá in fjölnýta fold." - Sigrdrífumál

Andy Yee <yeehaw@rrmn.rr.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that was confirmed by Customer Service. I wonder why Verizon
> doesn't list it on their website...

National SingleRate is a plan where you never get charged roaming anywhere
in the US. It's like AT&T's Digital One-Rate, Sprint's Free & Clear America,
Cingular Nation, and Alltel Total Freedom.

These carriers prefer that you use the preferred-network plans where you
don't get charged roaming in most places, because on the preferred network
plans they only give you free roaming in markets where they have negotiated
cheap roaming deals. Preferred network plans include the original Sprint
Free & Clear (which actually only includes Sprint networks), Alltel
National Freedom, and Cingular Preferred. I'm not sure if AT&T still has
one; they've changed a lot of things lately. Verizon's preferred-network
plan is called America's Choice.

With the true national plans like National Single-Rate, the carriers
are contractually prohibited from charging roaming even in cases where they
are paying a lot of money to the roaming partner you're using. These plans
are much more expensive, or at least have the potential to be much more
expensive to the carrier if you roam a lot, and that's why Verizon's going
to push AC over NSR every time.

On Fri, 07 May 2004 23:43:16 -0500, Steven J Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

>National Freedom, and Cingular Preferred. I'm not sure if AT&T still has
>one; they've changed a lot of things lately. Verizon's preferred-network

AT&T doesn't as of last month or so -- they now have GSM America,
which includes all GSM networks where AT&T has roaming agreements, and
the old TDMA Digital One Rate, which covers practically everywhere.

Their old "National Network" plans included only AT&T itself (and
*some* affiliates, apparently) in the case of GSM, and AT&T itself,
AT&T affiliates, and select parts of Cingular (mostly places where
AT&T has poor coverage or lost licenses such as Atlanta/north GA, the
Florida Keys, etc.) in the case of TDMA.

-SC
--
Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might