How would a Black Nintendo DS Lite show more fingerprints?

dman777

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I got a white nintendo DS just a week ago and I read in Sept. they are going to release black ones in the US. I don't like white that much because white plastic usually starts to yellow in a couple of years. I am thinking about takeing mine back and exchanging it for a black one because a black one looks really cool and that's the color I'd really like to have. But then I was thinking though...since there is a glossy finish....would finger prints and scratches show significantly more on the black one?

7h3_7ru7h

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
I have a white one, and I absolutely love it. I've tested black ones, and they attract fingerprints horribly. White is the best color available in the US right now.

Sephiroth2k8

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
yeah black will show scratches and fingerprints alot... i have a psp and the fingerprints do show alot i just wipe em off with the cleaning cloth that comes with it.. its kinda annoying lookin at the screen and seeing fingerprints in way... id stay with white if i were u

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
The texture is smoother on the Lite, it will show more. Personally I could care less cause you can easily wipe it down when your down :)

Zarroc

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Glossy materials always show fingerprints, it just depends what back colour it is. black has just as much fingerpirnt problem as white, but you can see them a little more. go for what you think, DS Lites wipe down well enough.

haydox

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
I have a black one sitting on my desk in front of me and reading your thread caused me to look down at the top of it...its covered in smudges and dust!

But, having seen my mates white DS after we have both had them for quite a long time now, the black one has fared better. The white one has discoloured around all the buttons. Ide take wiping the marks off it over having one with yellow buttons!