okay, how do i install a whole game cd to my computer

narhic_fd

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2005
Okay , im curious guys. I have need for speed most wanted and to play the game i have to insert the disc one. Im not sure why but i do. Is there away of installing, or should i say copying my whole disc 1 to my hardrive so i dont have to install the disc and it can just read it from the hardrive or something like that? Even if it dosnt offer any advanteges can i still do it is the question? Will i need a program or something since its a copy writted to? thanks for those who can help.

Insta

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
Indirect way of saying you d/led it! lol
You will always be asked for the CD, unless you get one of several little programs which I won't discuss.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
most of these posts tend to get shut down due to the fact that it is against most laws to copy a games disk.

if however you want to run the disk as a backup from your pc you could burn an image of the disk onto your HDD using nero, then use deamon tools to play that image. if you want to find out the other way you will have to look on google i wont discuss that on here.

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
most of these posts tend to get shut down due to the fact that it is against most laws to copy a games disk.

if however you want to run the disk as a backup from your pc you could burn an image of the disk onto your HDD using nero, then use deamon tools to play that image. if you want to find out the other way you will have to look on google i wont discuss that on here.

I totally agree with you. The moderators should've deleted the OP. The OP said he has a "need for speed". I don't buy that as it takes only a few seconds for the program to check the CD tray.

narhic_fd

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2005
okay guys, i understand your consern for bootleg copy. I just worded it the way. i did because, well thats just how it came out. This is my copy, or i should say my brother since it was his gift. This is mine, and if you would like ill give some kind of proof. Just let me know what type of proof you would like and ill get it for you guys. I can actually email EA about it to. I had to send the whole game in so i could get a replacement serial number. The serial number for the game was on the manual for the game, and my brother lost it. So, i sent it in to them, and they varified it, then they sent it back to me with a new serial key. If you want to know the reason i want to install the CD 1 of the 4 to my hardrive is because the demo of the game runs better then the actuall game. I get about 5fps or more on the demo then i do the actuall game. My best guess is because the demo is directly installed to hard drive for all reading abilities but to play the game you need disc 1 in the pc to play ,which im sure you all know for those of you who own it. I want to test this theory by installing the whole disc 1 to the hardrive and see if this is the case. Again, if you would like any proof just let me know. Ill get a pic on here or what ever it takes. ILl try that program you mentioned and see how it goes. tHanks for your help man.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
It's more likely that the demo is faster because it uses less detailed textures etc (to reduce the size of the demo) and less detailed sound.

I'd be surprised if the CD was slowing the game down. The most it'll be playing from the CD during gameplay will be music. If you chose to do a full install when you installed the game (I assume it gives you options of how much to write to the hard disk) then all of the files are already on your hard disk anyway. The game will only be reading the CD to check that you have it when it first runs the game. With a lot of games you can even remove the CD once it's started (not recommended though - it can crash the game).

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Personally I have a laptop and travel with it a lot and go to friends homes etc etc.
So I don't carry cd's with me.
For a lot of games there are fixed exe's.
Basically they launch the game with the search for cd=don't
Or with it prewritten that cd is there(many ways it's done)
There are sites you can get these from.
One such site is GameCopyWorld.
I have 2 large binders with a few hundred cd's.
No way I'd carry them.
Use to carry a small one with games I played but don't bother anymore.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
It's also worth bearing in mind, though, that some cracked games don't work very well.

The cracked version of Hitman:Blood Money, for example, had a load of bugs that caused lock-ups and crashes, which the legal version did not.

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
It's also worth bearing in mind, though, that some cracked games don't work very well.

The cracked version of Hitman:Blood Money, for example, had a load of bugs that caused lock-ups and crashes, which the legal version did not.

Woah there.
I said nothing about illegal/cracked game.
A cracked exe/no-cd loader is different that a cracked/downloaded game.
While trying to torrent/dl a game you can get tons of issues.
I'd say 99% of the time you can use a no-cd loader/cracked exe to play YOUR game without swapping cd.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006

Woah there.
I said nothing about illegal/cracked game.
A cracked exe/no-cd loader is different that a cracked/downloaded game.
While trying to torrent/dl a game you can get tons of issues.
I'd say 99% of the time you can use a no-cd loader/cracked exe to play YOUR game without swapping cd.

A number of posts here WERE talking about cracked games. Even if you own the CD, if you run the game without it you will need the cracked exe.

I was speaking of experience with the Hitman crack. I purchased it on Ebay, and much to my displeasure received a cracked game. Being weak, I installed it whilst I waited for my genuine copy (yes, I ordered another copy to be legit). The game had numerous issues.

When the legit copy arrived, I reinstalled and hey presto - it ran fine. I'm not the only person who'se encountered this problem - the issue arises with cracked games installed from CD - NOT just torrent downloads.

So, even if you innstalled from CD, you may still get problems using no-CD cracks.

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Hmm...
Never bought a cracked cd.
Goes to show that some of those sites/deals are too good to be true.
I've seen a few that say things such as "Don't guarantee arrival", from thailand etc. I liked the price but sounded a bit illegal/pirated. I realize pirated/cracked games I use(past tense) to play those exclusively I had 400 gb or more but don't have any of them anymore/not suppsoed to speak of on site I believe.

From my experience most fixed exe's won't work with cracked games bc fixed exes tend to be for retail versions of the game, where often cracked vary in a few ways or have corrupt files(errors you spoke of ran across it tons).