samir_nayanajaad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Ok I was thinking about getting Microsoft’s flight sim 10, the only thing is I want to know how much I am going to be investing in a good flight stick.

I know nothing about joysticks but are there any that have pedals for the tail rudder? I would like to have that but I don’t guess it is necessary.

So if everyone could post a few sticks from cheap, mid-range, to expensive that I could look into, I would greatly appreciate it. For the most part I look into products that might be a 7 in price on a scale of 1 to 10.

Oh and btw that game doesn’t come out till October 17 so I have some time to look into a lot of stuff if need be. (Though honestly how much could there be to look into?)

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
OK, first tip, don't buy logitech. Their current range seems to have a habit of breaking after about 6 months. They used to be the best on the market, and I still have a heavily used, yet still perfectly good Wingman Interceptor from many, many years ago, but now they seem to be the low end of the range.

That said, I did a lot of research before I bought my current one a couple of months ago, as I love my flight sims and space sims. I ended up buying the Saitek X52. http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm

It's a HOTAS stick, so it come in two parts, the joystick and the throttle. For rudder, it has a twist handle, that I find works very nicely.

Rather than rabbit on, I'll let you find some reviews yourself. All I'll give you is my impression of the feel which is very nice. Not too loose, not tight enough to give you muscle cramps after an hour of flying.

Of course, if money is no object, you can try the Cougar H.O.T.A.S., which is the most expensive on the market, an exact replica of an F-16 flight stick.

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
i have the m.s. sidewinder joystick and love it.
i have had it for 6 years or so.

i have also used the saitek and it is good.
but it was new and tight. my sidewinder has alot of slack
i guess im just use to it.

mine doesnt have the force feed back dont know if i would even
want that.