disk defraging

How do I set a time for setting disk defrag. I don't know how to do it on Windows XP. Can it be set for a time or does it have to be set for a certain percent to defrag. I would like to set it for 10:00PM 1st day of every month, can I do this? If so, can you walk me through it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Look for Scheduled Tasks in Accessories > System Tools and use it to have
your defrag run on a schedule.

"ladydealer2003" <ladydealer2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do I set a time for setting disk defrag. I don't know how to do it on
Windows XP. Can it be set for a time or does it have to be set for a certain
percent to defrag. I would like to set it for 10:00PM 1st day of every
month, can I do this? If so, can you walk me through it. Thanks in advance
for your help.

Hi

See if the following article helps:

"How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User