make pictures smaller for email

Maz

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

I have done this before but for the life of me I cant find the dialog box that says"send pictures via e-mail" so I can click "make all my pictures smaller" Under "file and folder tasks" when I click "e-mail thia file" it does exactly that and I don't have a chance to shrink it. Where am I going wrong?

Type REGSVR32 SHIMGVW in the RUN box. This fixes the Perceived Types problem.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell

"Maz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CDB4E23-7112-4041-9C62-0A5B2E0BF7E2@microsoft.com...
I have done this before but for the life of me I cant find the dialog box that says"send pictures via e-mail" so I can click "make all my pictures smaller" Under "file and folder tasks" when I click "e-mail thia file" it does exactly that and I don't have a chance to shrink it. Where am I going wrong?

Maz

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

THANKY-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU aren't you clever? Do you know why this happened?

----- Ramesh [MVP] wrote: -----

Type REGSVR32 SHIMGVW in the RUN box. This fixes the Perceived Types problem.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and It Variants:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

"Maz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CDB4E23-7112-4041-9C62-0A5B2E0BF7E2@microsoft.com...
I have done this before but for the life of me I cant find the dialog box that says"send pictures via e-mail" so I can click "make all my pictures smaller" Under "file and folder tasks" when I click "e-mail thia file" it does exactly that and I don't have a chance to shrink it. Where am I going wrong?

You're welcome. If a file does not have 'Perceived Type' set as image, the resize dialog won't appear (but the mail client will still open). Registering this DLL fixes the P'Types for certain number of image file types.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell