mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I wanted to see some previews of DX 10 games that are in development but cannot find any. Are there any screen shots of games available somewhere?

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Because that’s their business model:

*Build new game for next gen graphics.

*Release before anyone else.

*Sell loads of copy’s because first in the field.

It’s what happened with Farcry.

But I can see by those videos that I have done well by keeping my money for a DX10 GFX card.

CrapyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
DX 10 ....
i read that it might only be for windows vista
i also read that xbox 360 dosent have DX 10 but uses 1 or 2 things from it
And that the xbox 360 and ps3 wont be good enough to handle the new Farcry
Crysis

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
DX 10 ....
i read that it might only be for windows vista

This is correct and confirmed, DX10 is Vista only. Besides a bundle of new features, DX10 is mostly about ease of use for (game) developers.

i also read that xbox 360 dosent have DX 10 but uses 1 or 2 things from it
That could be true (it most likely is)

And that the xbox 360 and ps3 wont be good enough to handle the new Farcry
Crysis

And that is absolute bollocks. Could very well be that they'll screw up the implementation (the Cell being new and all) but you can be sure that xbox360 and ps3 are very well capable of handling a good implementation (which is exactly why the xbox360 is using a few dx01 goodies already).

7h3_7ru7h

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Basically, anything after 6 months will begin using trace elements of DX10. In a couple years we'll see full DX10 games.

I can't wait, I'm building my new rig as soon as Crysis becomes avalable.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Six months… nah more like three… if that. The public release of Vista will be released in Q1 2007 and that’s when DX10 will be first officially released to the public. Crysis is also hitting the shelves at Q1 2007, which will contain elements of DX10. I believe we will be seeing games based on a complete DX10 frame about this time next year.

7h3_7ru7h

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Six months… nah more like three… if that. The public release of Vista will be released in Q1 2007 and that’s when DX10 will be first officially released to the public. Crysis is also hitting the shelves at Q1 2007, which will contain elements of DX10. I believe we will be seeing games based on a complete DX10 frame about this time next year.

There will be a couple of early release games that use DX10, but many publishers will not begin using the new software on games that are already in production. So although we will see a few games in Q1 2007 with traces of the new DX, it will be a couple more months at least before it becomes a standard.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Don't get too excited over new DX10 features. Why? Because they aren't that exciting, that's why. The major benefit of DX10 is for developers, which is also a reason DX10 is Vista Only (lots of redesigns which make it impossible to integrate it with XP (or so MS says).

That's not to say that new generation games won't be exciting, because they will be. Just don't credit the new exciting stuf all to DX10, unless you'll see a significant pricedrop because game development has become so very much more efficient (yeah right, that'll be the day).

7h3_7ru7h

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Yeah, I'm more interested in the potential that DX10 will bring than the new DX itself. Hopefully it'll work bug-free, and we should begin to see slightly better games because of this technology as they become easier to design.

biohazard420420

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I found this link on a dailytech.com forum showing a list of "DX10" games.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=200059

But there is one of the supposed preview images that I have ap roblem with and it has to do with Flight Sim X from MSFT. Now while I am not a big flight sim player at all there was a commercial on tv the other night for MSFT Flight Sim X showing actual game footage. And I can tell you one thing from watcing that commercial FSX will look NOTHING like the supposed preview screen shots. While there are some nice addition in DX10 the screen shots everyone is posting all over are IMHO just pre rendered screen shots and in now was representative of wha tthe actual games will look like. Granted I am more particularly talking about FSX which form the commercial (and I see no reason not to show game footage using DX10 hardware since that will be on the market fairly soon) and from what I saw there is nothing special, does is look better than previes installments of the game yes but NOWHERE near those screen shots everyone is claiming to be DX10. Thats just my 2 cents I just dont really see what all the big deal is about DX10 when IMO all the screens and such that people are claiming are DX10 shots are IMO all prerendered screens and therefore somthing that could not IMO be pulled off real time. There have been a few perview vids of future DX10 games Crysis in particular which granted do look amazing but nothing even close to the screens people are drooling over.

TRENDING THREADS