formulas in excel

I am trying to teach myself excel, what is an array anyway? could someone give me the formula to find the percentage a4 would be to a6, or bascialy what this years trend is to last year. on my caculator I divide a by b and hit percent. I cannot understand how to use the formula tool. If you give me the formula maybe you could explain how you used the tool to get the formula, maybe it will make more sense to me backward.
Thanks,
Grace
2 answers Last reply
More about formulas excel

    Please visit the Microsoft Excel experts in the Excel newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "grace kahn" <gracekahn@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

    | I am trying to teach myself excel, what is an array anyway? could someone give me the formula to find the
    percentage a4 would be to a6, or bascialy what this years trend is to last year. on my caculator I divide a by
    b and hit percent. I cannot understand how to use the formula tool. If you give me the formula maybe you
    could explain how you used the tool to get the formula, maybe it will make more sense to me backward.
    | Thanks,
    | Grace

    You really should take a spreadsheet course. Creating formulas is one of the
    subjects that would be covered, as well as arrays. Also there are very good
    books on the subject. Visit your local library.

    "grace kahn" <gracekahn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to teach myself excel, what is an array anyway? could someone
    give me the formula to find the percentage a4 would be to a6, or bascialy
    what this years trend is to last year. on my caculator I divide a by b and
    hit percent. I cannot understand how to use the formula tool. If you give
    me the formula maybe you could explain how you used the tool to get the
    formula, maybe it will make more sense to me backward.
    > Thanks,
    > Grace

Formula Excel Microsoft Windows XP