formulas in excel

I am trying to teach myself excel, what is an array anyway? could someone give me the formula to find the percentage a4 would be to a6, or bascialy what this years trend is to last year. on my caculator I divide a by b and hit percent. I cannot understand how to use the formula tool. If you give me the formula maybe you could explain how you used the tool to get the formula, maybe it will make more sense to me backward.
Thanks,
Grace

Please visit the Microsoft Excel experts in the Excel newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"grace kahn" <gracekahn@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

| I am trying to teach myself excel, what is an array anyway? could someone give me the formula to find the
percentage a4 would be to a6, or bascialy what this years trend is to last year. on my caculator I divide a by
b and hit percent. I cannot understand how to use the formula tool. If you give me the formula maybe you
could explain how you used the tool to get the formula, maybe it will make more sense to me backward.
| Thanks,
| Grace

papa

You really should take a spreadsheet course. Creating formulas is one of the
subjects that would be covered, as well as arrays. Also there are very good
books on the subject. Visit your local library.