Forcing the screen saver

Is there anyway to force the screen saver to execute other than waiting for
the timer to kick in?

The Lurker etc.
2 answers Last reply
More about forcing screen saver

    | "The Lurker At The Threshold" <pjs696@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote
    | in message news:yeidnQsTh5vagTTd4p2dnA@comcast.com...
    | Is there anyway to force the screen saver to execute other than
    | waiting for the timer to kick in? The Lurker etc.

    As "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" said, create a shortcut to your Screen
    Saver. Keep in mind, though, that if you have chosen the option
    to use a screen saver password (as described in the Windows XP
    Professional Help and Support Center Full-text Search Matches
    titled: To protect your files by using a screen saver password),
    your workstation will not be locked with password protection
    since you started the Screen Saver manually. This behavior is
    described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article (even
    though Windows XP is not listed as one of the products that the
    article applies to, the behavior is the same.)

    KB228160 - Screen Saver Is Not Password Protected If
    Started Manually
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=win2000&scid=kb;en-us;228160

    If you need to lock your workstation create a shortcut as
    explained in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article.
    After locking your workstation with the shortcut the Screen Saver
    will kick in according to your ScreenSaveTimeout value.

    KB314969 - HOW TO: Create a Desktop Shortcut that Locks a
    Windows Workstation
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;314969

    Hi,

    Sure, create a shortcut to your favorite .scr file in the \windows\system32
    folder on the desktop, then either double-click it or set a keystroke
    shortcut for it (right-click/properties).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "The Lurker At The Threshold" <pjs696@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway to force the screen saver to execute other than waiting
    > for
    > the timer to kick in?
    >
    > The Lurker etc.

Microsoft Windows XP