Help! Office XP for Students

My son is trying to download my 2002 office xp for students and teachers on his new computer.
I have it on my comptuer and his old computer. It will not let him registar it . He loaded it but
has waited to register, and now it won't let him. WHAT CAN WE DO? We both use it for school use.
The school year is almost over but he really needs it now more than ever.
Any sugestions?

Since you apparently have Office 2003 installed on two computers,
the third installation will require you to purchase a new license
(Product Key).

Start Using the Perpetual Version of the Product
http://www.microsoft.com/office/pctrial/convert.mspx

How to Activate a Perpetual License in Office 2003 Programs
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=828958

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

bgal wrote:
> My son is trying to download my 2002 office xp for students and
> teachers on his new computer. I have it on my comptuer and his old
> computer. It will not let him registar it . He loaded it but has
> waited to register, and now it won't let him. WHAT CAN WE DO? We
> both use it for school use. The school year is almost over but he
> really needs it now more than ever.
> Any sugestions?

This is OT for this group. In future, address all Office queries to the
Office groups.

XP STE is a single user/system licence. You are already in violation of that
licence by having it installed on two systems.

If you wish to install it on three systems you will need to purchase 2003
STE as that allows for that eventuality - however, three is the maximum.

And, by the way, registration is optional.

On Mon, 17 May 2004 15:41:06 -0700, bgal wrote:

> My son is trying to download my 2002 office xp for students and teachers on his new computer.
> I have it on my comptuer and his old computer. It will not let him registar it . He loaded it but
> has waited to register, and now it won't let him. WHAT CAN WE DO? We both use it for school use.
> The school year is almost over but he really needs it now more than ever.
> Any sugestions?

Check the license terms of Office XP for students and teachers. It may be
necessary to uninstall it from the old computer. When unable to register
online, call customer service.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Since you apparently have Office 2003 installed on two computers,
> the third installation will require you to purchase a new license
> (Product Key).
>
> Start Using the Perpetual Version of the Product
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/pctrial/convert.mspx
>
> How to Activate a Perpetual License in Office 2003 Programs
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=828958
>

> Be Smart! Protect your PC!
> "bgal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Carey,

Read the question!

1) He has XP - which, as I stated, is a single user/system licence.
Therefore he is in violation by having it installed on more than one
system - he requires TWO LICENCES.

2) Office 2003 /is/ a three licence package. Therefore, if he purchases
it, there would be no requirement for a second licence, providing he sticks
to three systems.

Suggest you read the question carefully before trotting out a stock answer
that bears absolutely no relation to the the question being asked.

You expect him to follow your suggestion now after years
of ignoring multiple suggestions like it?!? ROFL!

This is Bill Gates!

Stop what you are doing!

We are monitoring your every move!

"license! get your license here!"