T and L?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Guys, I installed a new store bought version of JO. My card/ machine doesnt
support Transform and Lighting..I have played TS and BHD with same machine.
Anyone know if there is a way around this?

TIA..

Chris

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

According to the box, 32 MB of video memory AND Hardware & Transform
Lighting is a requirement. Sorry to say..but most likey...youre in need up a
vid card upgrade.

--
Goose<GD>

"Relax And Frag A Few Friends"

<MotorCityBlaster@hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in message
> Guys, I installed a new store bought version of JO. My card/ machine
> doesnt
> support Transform and Lighting..I have played TS and BHD with same
> machine.
> Anyone know if there is a way around this?
>
> TIA..
>
> Chris

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

MotorCityBlaster@hotmail.nomail.com wrote:
> Guys, I installed a new store bought version of JO. My card/ machine doesnt
> support Transform and Lighting..I have played TS and BHD with same machine.
> Anyone know if there is a way around this?
>
> TIA..
>
> Chris

There used to be a "wrapper" that emulated T&L on some graphics cards
but I can't remember what it was called. :eek:(

Maybe someone else can?

E.

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Sids Pirates m8 ;O)

Goose<GD> wrote:
> According to the box, 32 MB of video memory AND Hardware & Transform
> Lighting is a requirement. Sorry to say..but most likey...youre in need up a
> vid card upgrade.

'course if you want more than 5 frames per second, you need a really
good card. :D I've seen JO:TR get 15fps with a GeForce4 MX 440 card
(64MB DDR), but that was only on a few maps with few objects.

JO:TR and JO:E have very detailed graphics, you need a really good card.

--
Whatevah / Jerry Horn
Jerry {at} Whatevah.com (working address)

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Heres a question.... Will my FX5200 handle JO?
"E." <e-man@tAKEoUTteamevol.net> wrote in message
> MotorCityBlaster@hotmail.nomail.com wrote:
>> Guys, I installed a new store bought version of JO. My card/ machine
>> doesnt
>> support Transform and Lighting..I have played TS and BHD with same
>> machine.
>> Anyone know if there is a way around this?
>>
>> TIA..
>>
>> Chris
>
> There used to be a "wrapper" that emulated T&L on some graphics cards but
> I can't remember what it was called. :eek:(
>
> Maybe someone else can?
>
> E.

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Probably yes.. The real question is if YOU can handle JO....

NoLogic has put much effort in it to make it a waste of money, unless you're
a saw-bunny (lol, I MUST have heard this before.... Oh yes, the dreaded LW
0.31 update)

If your adapter doesn't support HW T&L get "3dAnalyze" which can emulate it.
Don't count on performance-increase, it only emulates the T&L... Count on
3-4 FPS at most !

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> Heres a question.... Will my FX5200 handle JO?
> "E." <e-man@tAKEoUTteamevol.net> wrote in message
>> MotorCityBlaster@hotmail.nomail.com wrote:
>>> Guys, I installed a new store bought version of JO. My card/ machine
>>> doesnt
>>> support Transform and Lighting..I have played TS and BHD with same
>>> machine.
>>> Anyone know if there is a way around this?
>>>
>>> TIA..
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> There used to be a "wrapper" that emulated T&L on some graphics cards but
>> I can't remember what it was called. :eek:(
>>
>> Maybe someone else can?
>>
>> E.

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

I was wondering if JO is worth the money. In my book they could have kept
TS. The only reason I bought it was for the online play only to discover
THERE IS NOBODY IN THE SERVERS. I think Ill wait until JO is on the bargain
shelf for $10 before I buy it.
"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Probably yes.. The real question is if YOU can handle JO....
>
> NoLogic has put much effort in it to make it a waste of money, unless
> you're a saw-bunny (lol, I MUST have heard this before.... Oh yes, the
> dreaded LW 0.31 update)
>
> If your adapter doesn't support HW T&L get "3dAnalyze" which can emulate
> it. Don't count on performance-increase, it only emulates the T&L... Count
> on 3-4 FPS at most !
>
> --
> -
> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> -
> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
> the lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
> through the minds of either.
> -
> "bobtail" <bobtail362@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> Heres a question.... Will my FX5200 handle JO?
>> "E." <e-man@tAKEoUTteamevol.net> wrote in message

>>> There used to be a "wrapper" that emulated T&L on some graphics cards
>>> but I can't remember what it was called. :eek:(
>>>
>>> Maybe someone else can?
>>>
>>> E.

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Depends on the card and it doesn't work with all programs, BUT Voodoo5500
drivers had the ability to emulate HT&L in the driver (software). Didn't
work for everything, but it sufficiently fooled the original medal of
honor....

<MotorCityBlaster@hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in message
> Guys, I installed a new store bought version of JO. My card/ machine
> doesnt
> support Transform and Lighting..I have played TS and BHD with same
> machine.
> Anyone know if there is a way around this?
>
> TIA..
>
> Chris

TRENDING THREADS