cd rw not working

Newly installed XP, cannot read or write disks to and fr the CD RW. Adaptec was removed via wizard, and I downloaded Nero trial software to see if compatible w XP after some online research. I'm new to this--please help. Thank you.

I assume the Adaptec reference is to Easy CD Creator which is now owned by
Roxio. What version of Easy CD Creator do you have installed? Any version
earlier than version 6 with the appropriate patch from Roxio does not
contain a compatible version of the Direct CD component required for what
you are apparently trying to do with re-writeable disks.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Newly installed XP, cannot read or write disks to and fr the CD RW.
> Adaptec was removed via wizard, and I downloaded Nero trial software to
> see if compatible w XP after some online research. I'm new to
> this--please help. Thank you.

Yes, it is earlier than 6. What to do? Thanks.

----- Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/Us wrote: -----

I assume the Adaptec reference is to Easy CD Creator which is now owned by
Roxio. What version of Easy CD Creator do you have installed? Any version
earlier than version 6 with the appropriate patch from Roxio does not
contain a compatible version of the Direct CD component required for what
you are apparently trying to do with re-writeable disks.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Newly installed XP, cannot read or write disks to and fr the CD RW.
> Adaptec was removed via wizard, and I downloaded Nero trial software to
> see if compatible w XP after some online research. I'm new to
> this--please help. Thank you.

You need to remove the version you have and purchase and install the latest
version.

--

> Yes, it is earlier than 6. What to do? Thanks.
>
> ----- Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/Us wrote: -----
>
> I assume the Adaptec reference is to Easy CD Creator which is now
> owned by
> Roxio. What version of Easy CD Creator do you have installed? Any
> version
> earlier than version 6 with the appropriate patch from Roxio does not
> contain a compatible version of the Direct CD component required for
> what
> you are apparently trying to do with re-writeable disks.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Newly installed XP, cannot read or write disks to and fr the CD RW.
> > Adaptec was removed via wizard, and I downloaded Nero trial software
> > see if compatible w XP after some online research. I'm new to
> > this--please help. Thank you.

"realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Newly installed XP, cannot read or write disks to and fr the CD RW.

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

--
(tm)

Thanks, will try.

----- Thorsten Matzner wrote: -----

"realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Newly installed XP, cannot read or write disks to and fr the CD RW.

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

--
(tm)

OK. Out to get new edition. Many thanks for everyone's help, Anne at RealCorp

----- Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/Us wrote: -----

You need to remove the version you have and purchase and install the latest
version.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it is earlier than 6. What to do? Thanks.
>> ----- Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/Us wrote: -----
>> I assume the Adaptec reference is to Easy CD Creator which is now
> owned by
> Roxio. What version of Easy CD Creator do you have installed? Any
> version
> earlier than version 6 with the appropriate patch from Roxio does not
> contain a compatible version of the Direct CD component required for
> what
> you are apparently trying to do with re-writeable disks.
>> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>> "realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Newly installed XP, cannot read or write disks to and fr the CD RW.
>> Adaptec was removed via wizard, and I downloaded Nero trial software
>> see if compatible w XP after some online research. I'm new to
>> this--please help. Thank you.

You're welcome, good luck.

--

> OK. Out to get new edition. Many thanks for everyone's help, Anne at
> RealCorp
>
> ----- Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/Us wrote: -----
>
> You need to remove the version you have and purchase and install the
> latest
> version.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, it is earlier than 6. What to do? Thanks.
> >> ----- Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/Us wrote: -----
> >> I assume the Adaptec reference is to Easy CD Creator which is
> now
> > owned by
> > Roxio. What version of Easy CD Creator do you have installed?
> Any
> > version
> > earlier than version 6 with the appropriate patch from Roxio
> does not
> > contain a compatible version of the Direct CD component required
> for
> > what
> > you are apparently trying to do with re-writeable disks.
> >> --
> > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> > Windows Shell/User
> > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
> >> "realcorp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >> Newly installed XP, cannot read or write disks to and fr the CD RW.
> >> Adaptec was removed via wizard, and I downloaded Nero trial
> software
> >> see if compatible w XP after some online research. I'm new to
> >> this--please help. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS