AIM Problems

I recently upgraded my internet access to MSN 9. Now when
I open AOL Instant Messenger, I get the following message:

C:\Program.files\AIM\aim.exe (This application has failed
to start because the apllication configuration is
incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the
problem.

I have reinstalled the problem several times to no avail.
I haven't made any changes to my computer except for
upgraded MSN. What happened to the application
configuration and how do I fix it?

Best Regards, Devin Frielink

MSN is not a Windows XP utility. For MSN problems, visit --
microsoft.public.msn.discussion.

AOL is not a Windows XP utility. For AOL problems, visit -- AOL.

steve

"Devin Frielink" <jugznotdrugz@msn.com> wrote in message
> I recently upgraded my internet access to MSN 9. Now when
> I open AOL Instant Messenger, I get the following message:
>
> C:\Program.files\AIM\aim.exe (This application has failed
> to start because the apllication configuration is
> incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the
> problem.
>
> I have reinstalled the problem several times to no avail.
> I haven't made any changes to my computer except for
> upgraded MSN. What happened to the application
> configuration and how do I fix it?
>
> Best Regards, Devin Frielink

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Don't understand. Why are you messing with AOL if you have MSN?

On Tue, 18 May 2004 19:50:52 -0700, Devin Frielink wrote:

> I have reinstalled the problem several times to no avail.

Uninstall the problem. ;)

Seriously, have you checked the menus of the program for connection
settings or other configuration choices that may be causing the problem?
You may need to contact AIM tech support. Installing the MSN internet
service is not a reason for AIM to go bonkers.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User