Rome Total War problems

Hey guys, I'm trying to install the v1.3 patch, but when i try to start the setup, an error box comes up saying:

"Setup has experienced an error.

Please to the following:
-Close any running programs
-empty your temporary folder
-check your Internet Connection (internet-based Setups)

Then try to run the Setup again.

Error code: -6001"

I dunno what this is about... Help!
10 answers Last reply
More about rome total problems
  1. awesome...thanks for the help guys.
  2. You might have more success on the Rome Total War boards, or contacting the publisher's tech support.

If you problem isn't especially common, you can't expect a solution to magically appear within 24 hours! And certainly not with the smart-arse sarcastic comments.
  3. Quote:
    You might have more success on the Rome Total War boards, or contacting the publisher's tech support.

If you problem isn't especially common, you can't expect a solution to magically appear within 24 hours! And certainly not with the smart-arse sarcastic comments.

ah, sorry. I didn't mean to be a dick. I'm a little frustrated. I'm trying to get the Napoleonic Total War mod working..
  4. 1.3 is old patch.

try 1.8 or 1.9
  5. The highest patch i've seen is 1.5. I would enjoy knowing where the 1.8 and 1.9 patches are.
  6. hmmz well i have all expansions installed and the latest is Alexander which updates the version to 1.9.

If you have only Rome Total War then install 1.5.
    If its not working then try to reinstall the game.

there is also 1.6 patch but i dunno if you need it unless you want to install Alexander: 1.6 Patch
  7. The 1.5 patch requires 1.3...hence my delimma.
  8. i saw that other ppl also experience the same problem. it looks like Installshield error so try this FIX should solve it.

good luck
  9. Yup, that did it! thanks alot bud!
  10. np, have fun with this awesome game!!!

cant wait for Medevil Total War 2 8)
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Internet Connection Internet Video Games