Template folder

jay

I have gone from Win98 to XP Home and want to transfer
over some of my Templates. In '98 I could save them in:
C:>Windows>Application Data>Microsoft>Templates

I cannot find this route in XP. If I look at the origin
of the templates already in Word, for example, the path
is C:>Documents and Settings>Jay Kantor>Application
Data>Microsoft>Templates. Once I get to the Jay Kantor
Folder I don't see Application Data or any of these
subfolders. I've tried the old route and it doesn't
exist. I am very dependent on these templates. Any
suggestions?
Thank you.

If you open a template and then do a Save As, it should save in the correct location for you. Another thought is that the folder in question is hidden like a system folder.

----- Jay wrote: -----

I have gone from Win98 to XP Home and want to transfer
over some of my Templates. In '98 I could save them in:
C:>Windows>Application Data>Microsoft>Templates

I cannot find this route in XP. If I look at the origin
of the templates already in Word, for example, the path
is C:>Documents and Settings>Jay Kantor>Application
Data>Microsoft>Templates. Once I get to the Jay Kantor
Folder I don't see Application Data or any of these
subfolders. I've tried the old route and it doesn't
exist. I am very dependent on these templates. Any
suggestions?
Thank you.

jay

Thanks, Soylent, but how do I find it again?

I guess you would start by showing all folders. Like I said, it might be a hidden folder. I looked for mine and it was visible without any problem. c:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Aplication Data\Microsoft\Templates. I show all files, nothing hidden.

----- Jay wrote: -----

Thanks, Soylent, but how do I find it again?

jay

Soylent, well now I have a possibly even more stupid
question. How do I show all folders? And where are you
approaching this from?

jay

Okay, I got a little too dependent on you. I got it
through Folder Options in the Control Panel. Thanks
again, this really was a big help.
-J