PLEASE ANYONE: Rear panel issues...

sabre2

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2002
Anyone notice how the rear panel on new motherboards is different? I bought an Enermax file server case and a rambus board from gigabyte to find out that the panel was configured differently and my old rear panel plate didnt cooperate with it. In result i had to REMOVE the plate and leave the connectors with gaps between them.

Is there a place where i can get a replacement panel that will work with newer motherboards? And why didnt the motherboard come with that new plate design or is it my case manufacturers fault for not including such a rear plate?

Im confused as to why they changed the layout of the plate because ive never seen a case that matches that design.

Alain Desjardins

spoondigity

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2002
I have been thinking of upgrading and this problem went through my mind. What brand of board did you purchase? I am hoping ASUS or Abit will send something with their boards since those are the brands I am looking at.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Non-standard layouts usually include a cover with the necessary holes. Bastards, not all CASES fit STANDARD COVERS!!! But they should have included the standard sized cover with the board.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
what kind of board is it? i got a small run of mother boards at work that had two more usb ports where the onboard sound would have been. our supplyer doesnt send us the same stuff every time we order new systems, it makes it difficult when making ghost images!

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal