Please help me with my game stuttering problem

weemanpow3

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
When I play F.E.A.R or Oblivian it stutters very bad for 1-3 seconds and it will play smoth for 2 seconds than it keeps doing this.

PC specs
Videocard: Saphhire X1900XTX
Memory: 2gb corsair
Motherboard: Asus P5LD2-Deluxe
Powersupply: Aspire 550w
Hardrive: Western Digital Raptor 74gb

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
It sounds like a problem with something running in the background to me. It could be anything from an Anti-Virus program to an actual virus it’s self. If you have AV software on your PC, uninstall that then restart and then run the game. If you don’t have AV software then install AVG or something for free and then check to see if you have anything in the background sending out emails or anything else viruses like to do.

If it still happens after than then to tell you the truth it sounds like it could be a big problems with something you might be running in the background. Check all programs you have starting up with windows by going to:

Start > Run > Type msconfig in the text box, then press ok > Go to the Startup tab > Click Disable All > Click Ok > Restart

If it still happens after all of than then… well, my best bet would be to completely reinstall windows. But if it still happens after a clean install of windows… Then all is lost and it will most likely be a hardware problem.

weemanpow3

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I just reformated my computer 2 days ago and I have the latest drivers and bios. Well I just installed the driver and play the game and still stutters. I RMA my whole computer 2 weeks ago and its still happening. I dont know what to do at this point.

Half-life 2 works perfect though no stutter

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
When you say you sent the PC back on an RMA do you mean you sent it back and they sent you a completely new PC? Or do you mean you sent it back and you ‘think’ they sent you a new one. They could have just simply replaced a few things inside not fixing the main problem.

Thing is when games stutter it is normally an indication of either not having enough memory in your PC or it is a problem with programs running in the background. I think there must be something your installing on your PC first that’s doing this or maybe some kind of fault with your hardware. Although it is extremely rare for hardware to be fault and not crash your system out right.

Do a clean install and make sure you install nothing else but the motherboard drivers, video drivers and the sound card drivers. Then try a virus scan if it still does not work.

weemanpow3

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I did a clean install of windows and put motherboard drivers, videodrivers and sound card drivers and did the virus scan and when I ply still stuttering. I just put in a nother power supply BFG 650w and still stuttering so I returned it. When I sent back my computer basicly I just rma all the parts. Can it be my registry files. Alot of programs I cant install because it tells me I dont have permission from sertin keys. I am Admin though.