Searching text files for content

I was searching text files (extension LSP) for content that I know exists
and can find with Windows98, but Windows XP was unable to search the text
files for the content I specified. This is a tool that I depend on. Why am
I unable to find specified content of text files? Windows XP Pro.

--
____________________
Bill DeShawn

    Bill,

    Follow this advice and create a PersistentHandler for .LSP files. Use {5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}, if and only if it is a plain-text file. For other HTML based files, the search filter will vary.

    Windows® XP - Search Problems - Containing Text:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_bad_search.htm

    If you need a REG script, use this:
    ----------
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.lsp\PersistentHandler]
    @="{5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

    ----------

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell

    What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and It Variants:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

    "Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office" <bdeshawn@nospam.net> wrote in message news:e0N1qifPEHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    I was searching text files (extension LSP) for content that I know exists
    and can find with Windows98, but Windows XP was unable to search the text
    files for the content I specified. This is a tool that I depend on. Why am
    I unable to find specified content of text files? Windows XP Pro.

    --
    Bill DeShawn
    Please reply to group only
    Thank you