Sign in with
Your question

Soyo P4S-645DX Bios Setup

Last response: in Motherboards
June 19, 2002 5:07:32 PM

If I might impose on you for a question, here it is:

All my parts are arriving today for the system I'm building on a P4S-645DX. I've downloaded and read the manual, and I want to verify my understanding of it. The "optimized Defaults" set up the board for a 400mhz FSB, which is not what i need.

What I wish to do is when the machine is built tonight, to go into the bios and set each parameter for optimal FACTORY SPEC performance for the entire system. I do not intend to overclock at this time, and perhaps never will.

The layout of the system will be as follows:

1 P4S-645DX Soyo Motherboard
1 Intel P4 2.4 (533 FSB Northwood)
2 CORSAIR CMX512-2700C2 64X64 333MHZ 512MB CAS2 DDR DIMM W/HEAT SPREADER
1 Antec True550 550W ATX12V PSU
1 Western Digital 120GB WD1200JB EIDE ULTRA-ATA/100 7200RPM SE W/8MB BUFFER (Bare drive)
1 MSI G4Ti4600-VTD 128MB DDR AGP w/ TV-Out Graphics Card
1 PLEXTOR 40X/12X/40X EIDE INTERNAL CDRW
1 ASUS 52X INT ATAPI CD ROM
1 Microsoft Windows XP Professional

RAID will NOT be implemented at this time, but I will be using the onboard audio and LAN components.

As I mentioned, rather than using a combo setup, I would prefer to go into the bios and set each function including timings and voltages to ensure that maximum performance will be achieved at factory specifications without overclocking. If you could post a list of the proper bios settings for this particular configuration, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and attention.

...you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him
June 19, 2002 5:42:05 PM

Good luck. I spent many hours trying to get a Soyo P4 Dragon Ultra to just work and was never succesful. The Sound and RAID were not evident an any time. Tech support did not read my msg, sending me a reply with what was on the Web.

I returned the board.
June 19, 2002 6:43:52 PM

on the other side of the coin, I've built 2 so far and both are rock solid.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
June 19, 2002 8:24:49 PM

that looks like a good system...but the only weird thing there is the cd rom (why not a dvd?)
anyways...just do default settings 1st and make sure your computer works before tweaking it.

:eek:  <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek: 
!