desktop icons

Hi all,
I would like change some of my desktop icons to images I have in My
Documents. I know that to change an icon I right click on the
icon>properties>change icon >brose. When I type in the file name it says
there are no icons available. How do I get a jpeg or any other image to be
recognized as an icon. Thanks. Monty

It worked! Thanks Malve......Monty
"monty" <annoymous@disscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I would like change some of my desktop icons to images I have in My
> Documents. I know that to change an icon I right click on the
> icon>properties>change icon >brose. When I type in the file name it says
> there are no icons available. How do I get a jpeg or any other image to be
> recognized as an icon. Thanks. Monty

"monty" <annoymous@disscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I would like change some of my desktop icons to images I have in My
> Documents. I know that to change an icon I right click on the
> icon>properties>change icon >brose. When I type in the file name it says
> there are no icons available. How do I get a jpeg or any other image to be
> recognized as an icon. Thanks. Monty

Copy desired images into Paint if unavailable as icons. They will be saved
as .bmp (bitmap) files, quite large compared to gif or jpeg files. I keep
mine in a specified folder in an easily accessible location for Browse
(specifically My Pictures-my choice). Makes for an interesting Desktop :)

Malv

Thanks Malv, I give it a try and let you know how I did! Monty

> It worked! Thanks Malve......Monty
> "monty" <annoymous@disscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Yerr welcum. Does take a little bit more disk space but sure makes for
interesting icons :)

Malv