On-Star

Does anyone know which wireless carrier On-Star is using for their
analog service????

400Mhz@notnow.com
......FastLane

Yes. Verizon Wireless for me.
I wouldn't have a clue about yours, though.
Here's a place you can look up your own:
http://www.nanpa.com/nas/public/assigned_code_query_step1.do?method=resetCodeQueryModel

Beware of folded lines in that long URL.
---JRC---

"John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote:

>Yes. Verizon Wireless for me.
>I wouldn't have a clue about yours, though.
>Here's a place you can look up your own:
>http://www.nanpa.com/nas/public/assigned_code_query_step1.do?method=resetCodeQueryModel
-----

OK, this site gives me a list of all the assignments in 847 but......
how do I know who services On-Star??? I assume you know the phone
number in your car for On-Star communications. How do you get the
phone number??

400Mhz@notnow.com
......FastLane

"FastLane" <400mhz@notnow.com> wrote in message news:q9dq801vbfd8gocbet4r4g8ac92cdk3aj1@4ax.com...
> "John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes. Verizon Wireless for me.
> >I wouldn't have a clue about yours, though.
> >Here's a place you can look up your own:
> >http://www.nanpa.com/nas/public/assigned_code_query_step1.do?method=resetCodeQueryModel
> -----
>
> OK, this site gives me a list of all the assignments in 847 but......
> how do I know who services On-Star??? I assume you know the phone
> number in your car for On-Star communications. How do you get the
> phone number??
>
> .....FastLane

OnStar gave me my car's phone number when I subscribed.
If you don't know yours, I would guess that OnStar support would give it to you.
---JRC---

"John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message news:nbhjc.27$ZD3.13@fe1.columbus.rr.com...

"FastLane" <400mhz@notnow.com> wrote in message news:q9dq801vbfd8gocbet4r4g8ac92cdk3aj1@4ax.com...
> "John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes. Verizon Wireless for me.
> >I wouldn't have a clue about yours, though.
> >Here's a place you can look up your own:
> >http://www.nanpa.com/nas/public/assigned_code_query_step1.do?method=resetCodeQueryModel
> -----
>
> OK, this site gives me a list of all the assignments in 847 but......
> how do I know who services On-Star??? I assume you know the phone
> number in your car for On-Star communications. How do you get the
> phone number??
>
> .....FastLane

OnStar gave me my car's phone number when I subscribed.
If you don't know yours, I would guess that OnStar support would give it to you.
---JRC---

OK, FastLane, I went out to my car to check on this...
I pushed the white OnStar button, and received the "Ready" prompt.
I spoke "My Number," and the female voice gave my number to me.
Be ready to write when you try this on your own.
HTH.
---JRC---