Sign in with
Your question

Dial up, auto restart

Last response: in Windows XP
March 31, 2004 11:07:20 PM

Ok I was over at a friends house the other day and we were installing a dial up modem 56k(conexant). The first time installed the drivers, it worked out great, but right when we would select dial up to log unto the internet, the computer would restart without anykind of warning automatically. We tried this 4 times and nothing. So we uninstalled the modem driver, restarted computer and then tied reinstalling it over. While in the middle of reinstalling/updating driver the computer would shutdown automatically without a warning. We tried this serveral times as well and couldn't figure it out. I check the internet forums and found nothing. So later I will trying to install one of my spare modems into his computer(windows xp pro service pack 1). His computer is a amd athlon 2000+, wiht some dfi mb, 512 ram, radeon 9000 video card. Any help would be appreciated!

Barton 2500+@2090 MHz , MSI K7N2 Delta-L, Corsair PC2700 512 MB, Gigabyte Radeon 9600XT 128 MB, Maxtor 120GB 7200rpm 8MB Cache, X Dreamer Turbo Case 350w

More about : dial auto restart

April 1, 2004 12:23:11 AM

is it a winmodem? winmodems are notorious for problems. never heard of the problem your having but ive had my share of wierd ones with winmodems.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!
April 1, 2004 1:14:17 PM

Maybe a IRQ conflict. Once, I installed a winmodem in an Asus A7V with a network card installed. The network stop working. A quick look a system info show me that the modem, network card, sound card and video card were all on the same IRQ...

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
!