Limited account's access to internet dialler

Tags:
  • Internet Service Providers
  • Microsoft
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
May 21, 2004 10:36:02 AM

I recentlt changed my ISP and now I find that the other members of the family who have limited accounts on this machine cannot access the internet dialler. To overcome this I have to grant them all administrator accounts which sort of defeats the purposeof limited accounts.
I got in contact with the new ISP and they emailed me back saying they have no way of dealing with it---contact Microsoft website. I didn't have this problem with my previous ISP but their monthly allocation of web time turned out to be woefully inadequate for a family of five!
Is there any way to grant limited account holders access to the dialler?
TIA

More about : limited account access internet dialler

Anonymous
May 22, 2004 12:22:05 AM

Hi Coliboy,

Some Programs Do Not Work If You Log On from Limited Account [Q307091]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307091

This should help, basically it's a matter of assiging the proper permissions
to the user accounts.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"coliboy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recentlt changed my ISP and now I find that the other members of the
>family who have limited accounts on this machine cannot access the internet
>dialler. To overcome this I have to grant them all administrator accounts
>which sort of defeats the purposeof limited accounts.
> I got in contact with the new ISP and they emailed me back saying they
> have no way of dealing with it---contact Microsoft website. I didn't have
> this problem with my previous ISP but their monthly allocation of web time
> turned out to be woefully inadequate for a family of five!
> Is there any way to grant limited account holders access to the dialler?
> TIA

Anonymous
May 22, 2004 10:21:02 AM

Thanks Rick! That's me back in control again. (and with my own personal Knowledge Base updated!)
!