Limited account's access to internet dialler

I recentlt changed my ISP and now I find that the other members of the family who have limited accounts on this machine cannot access the internet dialler. To overcome this I have to grant them all administrator accounts which sort of defeats the purposeof limited accounts.
I got in contact with the new ISP and they emailed me back saying they have no way of dealing with it---contact Microsoft website. I didn't have this problem with my previous ISP but their monthly allocation of web time turned out to be woefully inadequate for a family of five!
Is there any way to grant limited account holders access to the dialler?
TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about limited account access internet dialler

    Hi Coliboy,

    Some Programs Do Not Work If You Log On from Limited Account [Q307091]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307091

    This should help, basically it's a matter of assiging the proper permissions
    to the user accounts.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "coliboy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recentlt changed my ISP and now I find that the other members of the
    >family who have limited accounts on this machine cannot access the internet
    >dialler. To overcome this I have to grant them all administrator accounts
    >which sort of defeats the purposeof limited accounts.
    > I got in contact with the new ISP and they emailed me back saying they
    > have no way of dealing with it---contact Microsoft website. I didn't have
    > this problem with my previous ISP but their monthly allocation of web time
    > turned out to be woefully inadequate for a family of five!
    > Is there any way to grant limited account holders access to the dialler?
    > TIA

    Thanks Rick! That's me back in control again. (and with my own personal Knowledge Base updated!)

Internet Service Providers Microsoft Internet Windows XP