Searching for PST file

Why can't XP find my PST file when I export a backup? I don't know
where it is? Also, last time I did this in Win98, the backup file was
smaller than the original outlook.pst file....why is that? Thanks,
George

"Army George" <res0km2r@REMOVEverizonDELETE.net> wrote in message
> Why can't XP find my PST file when I export a backup? I don't know
> where it is? Also, last time I did this in Win98, the backup file was
> smaller than the original outlook.pst file....why is that? Thanks,
> George

Outlook *.pst files are hidden files.

In Outlook click on Tools, Options and select Mail Setup tab. Click on Data
Files for location.

In Outlook 2003 when you export a backup.pst file, the last step in the
wizard provides the location where the backup.pst file will be stored.

Don