Chad2002

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002
Hello, I'm a bit confused with what everyone's considering for a new current system. I just purchased a AMD XP 1900 retail cpu/fan, Soltek SL75DRV5 Mboard, 512 pc2700 DDR, Hercules 3D Prophet FDX 8500 LE 64mb DDR with TV-Out & DVI, got the Hercules card for 100$, I got the inpression that AMD was the better way to go, but after setting up this new sys, it seem to be kicking out some heat, and when it boots up I hear a few clicks right at boot up, not knowing if thats normal. Thinking of trying a P4-1.8GHZ,GF4-Ti440,DDR???whats eveyone building,Thanks for the feed-back

FatBurger

Illustrious
Is your computer stable and fast enough for you? Then stick with it. Just because some random person on the other side of the planet has a problem doesn't mean it'll suddenly start happening with you.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

Chad2002

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002
Thanks for responding FB, yea, it's very fast, but she kicks a bit of heat out of her, I've been doing some benchmarking with it, seems great, I like playing UT, and tried the 64 meg 3D Prophet Radeon 8500 video, I was expecting a little better results in UT, with only 50 fps, but I guess some stuff might need tweekin. I just was confused with P4 being better overclocker or maybe not, so much info/choices, I guess whatever works, is it.... THX FB!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yep... alot of crunching going in inside your PC between the cpu and the graphics card.

by the way, UT is a rather old game now, and has allways been more dependent on the CPU than the graphics card.
install the latest drivers for everything and you should see an improvment.

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol:

TRENDING THREADS