the_stiffmeister

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
I just installed a new mobo (Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe Crossfire) (old one was the Asus A8R-MVP Crossfire) and am having trouble with BF2. When I start the game it starts to lag even with the titles, if I manage to get to launch a game it lags every few seconds. I don't think this is a hardware fault as I can play Age of Empires 3 no problem plus the 3dmark benchmarks are what I would expect. Has anyone else seen this problem or know how I can fix it?
Thanks

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Have you reinstalled the game and deleted your user config files that are in the My Documents folder? If not, then do so and report back.

Colonel_Curly

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Check EA tech support on supported mobos an gcards, they may have a fix (not likely knowing EA) or a blatant incompatability notice

Or do as the guy above says, reinstall an repatch. Check BF2 forums too e.g. the filefront forums for BF2 (they usually get me the answer Im after)

the_stiffmeister

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Have re-installed the game, even the OS. Can't find anything regarding an incompatability issue but am having the same prob with battlefield vietnam. Will send the mobo back, as far as I can see it doesn't work with the games I want to play so I should be able to get a replacement or money back. If anyones got a link which lists problem hardware with BF games please let me know. Thanks.

the_stiffmeister

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Yeah, I wiped everything always do when installing a new mobo. Don't worry it looks like a hardware fault with it so I've sent it back. I've put my old mobo in with the same components and it is fine.