Q: How do i get Internet Explorer 6.0 to work again

Hello.

I got a problem with Explorer 6.0, when i have loaded a webside, then
i click on a hyperlinks on the page and a new side start to load, but
it's never start/finish the page, it freez, but i can close the
window, when i click stop, it is like there is something wrong with
the settings for Internet Explorer.

Can someone help with this.

With Kind Regards
Jan H Larsen
http://www.x-plane.com/
3 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer work again

    Hi Jan,

    Close Internet Explorer and Outlook Express if either are open.

    Start/run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes)

    Control panel/Internet options/programs tab, click on "reset all web
    settings"

    Reopen and retry the links in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jan Larsen" <jan-larsen@stofanet.dk> wrote in message

    > Hello.
    >

    > I got a problem with Explorer 6.0, when i have loaded a webside, then
    > i click on a hyperlinks on the page and a new side start to load, but
    > it's never start/finish the page, it freez, but i can close the
    > window, when i click stop, it is like there is something wrong with
    > the settings for Internet Explorer.
    >
    > Can someone help with this.
    >

    > With Kind Regards
    > Jan H Larsen
    > http://www.x-plane.com/

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:34:33 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
    <rick@mvps.org> wrote:

    >Hi Jan,
    >
    >Close Internet Explorer and Outlook Express if either are open.
    >
    >Start/run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes)
    >
    >Control panel/Internet options/programs tab, click on "reset all web
    >settings"
    >
    >Reopen and retry the links in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

    Hey.

    I have tried that, but it does not work, but thanks for trying to
    help. ;-)

    With Kind Regards
    Jan H Larsen
    http://www.x-plane.com/

    Hi Jan,

    For other possibilities, see:
    http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=4912
    (One of the BHOs may be causing this)

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell

    What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and It Variants:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

    <rick@mvps.org> wrote:

    >Hi Jan,
    >
    >Close Internet Explorer and Outlook Express if either are open.
    >
    >Start/run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes)
    >
    >Control panel/Internet options/programs tab, click on "reset all web
    >settings"
    >
    >Reopen and retry the links in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

    Hey.

    I have tried that, but it does not work, but thanks for trying to
    help. ;-)

    With Kind Regards
    Jan H Larsen
    http://www.x-plane.com/