Q: How do i get Internet Explorer 6.0 to work again

Hello.

I got a problem with Explorer 6.0, when i have loaded a webside, then
i click on a hyperlinks on the page and a new side start to load, but
it's never start/finish the page, it freez, but i can close the
window, when i click stop, it is like there is something wrong with
the settings for Internet Explorer.

Can someone help with this.

With Kind Regards
Jan H Larsen
http://www.x-plane.com/

Hi Jan,

Close Internet Explorer and Outlook Express if either are open.

Start/run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes)

Control panel/Internet options/programs tab, click on "reset all web
settings"

Reopen and retry the links in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jan Larsen" <jan-larsen@stofanet.dk> wrote in message

> Hello.
>

> I got a problem with Explorer 6.0, when i have loaded a webside, then
> i click on a hyperlinks on the page and a new side start to load, but
> it's never start/finish the page, it freez, but i can close the
> window, when i click stop, it is like there is something wrong with
> the settings for Internet Explorer.
>
> Can someone help with this.
>

> With Kind Regards
> Jan H Larsen
> http://www.x-plane.com/

On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:34:33 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
<rick@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi Jan,
>
>Close Internet Explorer and Outlook Express if either are open.
>
>Start/run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes)
>
>Control panel/Internet options/programs tab, click on "reset all web
>settings"
>
>Reopen and retry the links in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

Hey.

I have tried that, but it does not work, but thanks for trying to
help. ;-)

With Kind Regards
Jan H Larsen
http://www.x-plane.com/

Hi Jan,

For other possibilities, see:
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=4912
(One of the BHOs may be causing this)

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell

What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and It Variants:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp