Paying Verizon Bill Online??

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
from my account?
11 answers Last reply
More about paying verizon bill online
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:s3vq801ok80pljegk0k6g5uotp7shl8p9g@4ax.com...
    > I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial
    payment
    > on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
    > remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
    > from my account?

    If by credit card it is almost immediate. If by savings or checking it
    states on the site that it can take up to 3-5 days. However many times
    I would guess it will be taken within 2 days. So make sure that the
    money is there. They have fees for that issue also.

    Elector
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Depends on the banking institution. Like the other poster mentioned,
    sometimes it will post to your account in 2 days while I've seen up to 7
    days and sometimes within an hour.

    tj
    "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:s3vq801ok80pljegk0k6g5uotp7shl8p9g@4ax.com...
    > I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
    > on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
    > remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
    > from my account?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    My debit card payment as a Credit card payment went through but my
    first payment which I used my bank account info hasnt cleared yet, I
    hope it clears soon.
    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:38:48 GMT, "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    >news:s3vq801ok80pljegk0k6g5uotp7shl8p9g@4ax.com...
    >> I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial
    >payment
    >> on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
    >> remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
    >> from my account?
    >
    >If by credit card it is almost immediate. If by savings or checking it
    >states on the site that it can take up to 3-5 days. However many times
    >I would guess it will be taken within 2 days. So make sure that the
    >money is there. They have fees for that issue also.
    >
    >Elector
    >
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    The dr offers this thought: save the confirmation number, date, time of
    your payment. The payment is "posted" to your verizon account instantly.
    But the withdrawal from your funds is 3-5 banking days. Pay on-time, read
    your bill, check your statements, and enjoy the best of verizon wireless
    service. The dr.

    Stop here, unless you want the rest of the story when an electronic payment
    goes wrong?


    The rest of the story: Many banks/people are going to electronic payments:
    bank on-line. Some companies who still take paper checks, will "NOT"
    process your paper check, but once getting it, use the information on it to
    process your check electronically. In both cases you will NOT get a
    canceled paper check as evidence. Now here is the real problem: when a
    payment gets mis-applied.

    Occasionally a payment made electronically is mis-applied, and YOU will be
    asked to show evidence of your payment. You'll need to send in a copy of
    your bank or credit card statement. Your statement may say "AC-VZ", but not
    "what" account you paid, or "what" account you were supposed to have paid.
    The burden of proof is on YOU.

    In Jan/Feb 2004 we know of four electronic payments made, withdrawn from
    their accounts and either: not applied to the account; or not applied to the
    correct account. It took 15-60 days to fix. One fix created a new problem:
    2 payments were deducted from the bank, but not applied to ANY account.
    During the fix, they corrected the 2 payments made and inadvertently ADDED a
    3'rd payment, by accidentally taking it away from another customer.

    Suggestion:
    Payee (that be you/me) : Get the complete confirmation number and save it.
    The confirmation number has two not so obvious parts: your account number
    followed by a receipt number. Save it in your day planner, check book or
    diary. Read your bill and statement.

    Payor: (that be verizon) when you do an electronic deduction from someone's
    account, would you "add" or "include" a reference number? "AC-VZ WIRELESS
    I2KW-E CHECK" is insufficient to show what account is being paid for. (In
    My Opinion) It would be in the customer's interest to add CHECK ####### or
    CHECK "confirmation number", or CHECK "reference number" to show the account
    number that is being associated with the electronic withdrawal. Or how bout
    the last 4 digits of the account number being paid.... for confidentiality's
    sake.

    --
    Dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
    Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent
    Data, wi-fi, national access, smartphones, and home
    computer healthchecks, stop worrying... just ask for the Dr.

    If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
    you.

    "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    news:jget80tfa6phcp93kdi177c0sd3qnhdq9l@4ax.com...
    > My debit card payment as a Credit card payment went through but my
    > first payment which I used my bank account info hasnt cleared yet, I
    > hope it clears soon.
    > On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:38:48 GMT, "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > >news:s3vq801ok80pljegk0k6g5uotp7shl8p9g@4ax.com...
    > >> I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial
    > >payment
    > >> on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
    > >> remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
    > >> from my account?
    > >
    > >If by credit card it is almost immediate. If by savings or checking it
    > >states on the site that it can take up to 3-5 days. However many times
    > >I would guess it will be taken within 2 days. So make sure that the
    > >money is there. They have fees for that issue also.
    > >
    > >Elector
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Tyrone Jackson" <tyronjj@hecklers.com> wrote in message news:<SWujc.56890$_Q5.25720@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
    > Depends on the banking institution. Like the other poster mentioned,
    > sometimes it will post to your account in 2 days while I've seen up to 7
    > days and sometimes within an hour.
    >
    > tj
    > "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > news:s3vq801ok80pljegk0k6g5uotp7shl8p9g@4ax.com...
    > > I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
    > > on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
    > > remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
    > > from my account?


    I guess I don't understand why anyone would pay by bank drafts
    (checks) when a credit card can provide additional security. Most
    credit caards have a 20 day or more period of grace too plus a charge
    back and other protections. In addition, several cards even give you a
    cash back option.

    Al
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Al Glasser wrote:
    >
    > "Tyrone Jackson" <tyronjj@hecklers.com> wrote in message news:<SWujc.56890$_Q5.25720@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
    > > Depends on the banking institution. Like the other poster mentioned,
    > > sometimes it will post to your account in 2 days while I've seen up to 7
    > > days and sometimes within an hour.
    > >
    > > tj
    > > "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > > news:s3vq801ok80pljegk0k6g5uotp7shl8p9g@4ax.com...
    > > > I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
    > > > on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
    > > > remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
    > > > from my account?
    >
    > I guess I don't understand why anyone would pay by bank drafts
    > (checks) when a credit card can provide additional security. Most
    > credit caards have a 20 day or more period of grace too plus a charge
    > back and other protections. In addition, several cards even give you a
    > cash back option.

    Because not everyone accepts credit cards?

    Larry
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message

    > Because not everyone accepts credit cards?
    >
    > Larry

    So who takes checks but doesn't accept cc's? We are talking about Verizon,
    and paying the bill online (see subject), they certainly do.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:

    > Because not everyone accepts credit cards?

    Because some people don't have good enough credit to maintain open
    credit card accounts?

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
    "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
    slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Lawrence Glasser wrote:
    >
    > Al Glasser wrote:
    > >
    > > "Tyrone Jackson" <tyronjj@hecklers.com> wrote in message news:<SWujc.56890$_Q5.25720@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
    > > > Depends on the banking institution. Like the other poster mentioned,
    > > > sometimes it will post to your account in 2 days while I've seen up to 7
    > > > days and sometimes within an hour.
    > > >
    > > > tj
    > > > "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > > > news:s3vq801ok80pljegk0k6g5uotp7shl8p9g@4ax.com...
    > > > > I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
    > > > > on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
    > > > > remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
    > > > > from my account?
    > >
    > > I guess I don't understand why anyone would pay by bank drafts
    > > (checks) when a credit card can provide additional security. Most
    > > credit caards have a 20 day or more period of grace too plus a charge
    > > back and other protections. In addition, several cards even give you a
    > > cash back option.
    >
    > Because not everyone accepts credit cards?

    Duh. You were talking specifically about Verizon, weren't you?

    Never mind. <g>

    Larry
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Peter Pan wrote:
    >
    > "Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > Because not everyone accepts credit cards?
    > >
    > > Larry
    >
    > So who takes checks but doesn't accept cc's? We are talking about Verizon,
    > and paying the bill online (see subject), they certainly do.

    One sip of coffee and I realized what I said... See my follow-up post.

    Thanks!

    Larry
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Steven J Sobol wrote:
    >
    > Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Because not everyone accepts credit cards?
    >
    > Because some people don't have good enough credit to maintain open
    > credit card accounts?

    There ya go!

    Larry

    (I really need to start drinking coffee *before* I log on. <g>)
Ask a new question

Read More

Verizon Internet Service Providers