Sign in with
Your question

Far Cry multiplayer cd key problem help needed

Last response: in Video Games
September 20, 2006 11:19:24 PM

Hi, i installed far cry about a week abo, played the single player mode ffor a while (sweet game) and i wanted to play multiplayer so i clicked on it, then i had to register which i did, and enter the cd key then the windows showed me the "server list" or whatever it was, and when i clicked on it it told me to enter my cd key so i did and it later on said that my cd key was already registered/in use, does anyone know what is the problem? I bought the retail Far Cry cd version (that 4 or 5 cds in the big juel case version) i got it a while back but couldnt play it because of the shadows, untill now, that i did build a new system.

Thank You for all replies.
September 25, 2006 12:42:48 PM

Looks like someone has already registered with the cd key. Try an email, they may sort it for you. You may need proof of purchase.

GL
Related resources
September 25, 2006 12:57:16 PM

but the weird thing was the first time i used the ccd key I didnt get that message, only the second time, so i guess it all got confused and stated that it was used(when i did use it the first tiem, couple minutes prior to this), thx for the info ill email them , lol good that I still saved the original box lol, it just sux that it does not ask you for the cd key while installing(i dont remember it doing so) only when trying to go online.
September 25, 2006 1:05:07 PM

Did it ask for username or email the first time? Maybe you got it wrong.
September 25, 2006 2:38:32 PM

No i wassurprised it did not, it just asked me to register the game i skiped that, and had to do it anyway when i wanted to play multiplayer, but then i saw the list of servers/games, and then a window asking me to enter the cd key poped out, i entered the key, and thewindow dissapeared, and i was sent back to a "previous " window, i think it was the main menu, so i went back to the multiplayer, and it asked me for the cd kay again, so i entered it again, but now it said that the key was used alreade, or i entered the wrong key, i tried it i think 3 times in a row with the caps on (i copied it directly as it was in the booklet, with the dashes also), and that wrong key window just pops up again, it is weird that they dont ask for a cd kay when it was installing, but only wof multiplayer, maby thats what got screwed up a bt there, i have no dea.
September 25, 2006 4:21:56 PM

Yes it is wierd, if they are going to ask for the cd key they do normally ask for it at install, anyway email them they will probably resolve it for you.
September 25, 2006 4:33:19 PM

thx, will do it maby tommorow, lately i just cant even find time for anything, lol even sleep :wink: , ill try it tou thx, btw should i email them my key or thats not neccesary?
yhx
!