Hi there,
Can anyone tell me how i stop user names from staying in logon drop down boxes? I'm sure this is not the right terminology, but hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about
Thanks
Kathy

| "kathy" <katanncha@hotmail.com>INVALID> wrote in message
| Can anyone tell me how i stop user names from staying in logon
| drop down boxes? I'm sure this is not the right terminology,
| but hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about.

If your computer is part of a corporate network I suggest that
you discuss this issue with your Network Administrator.

If this is your personal home workgroup or standalone computer
you can specify that the User name field in the Log On to Windows
dialog box is blank by performing the following procedure:

For Windows XP Professional

- Click Start, click Run, type the following command and click
OK: secpol.msc

- Navigate to the following node:
Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

- Find the following policy:
Interactive logon: Do not display last user name

- Double-click this policy and click to select Enabled

- Click Apply, click OK, and close the Local Security
Settings MMC

For Windows XP Home see:

Windows Registry Guide:
Restrict Showing the Last Username (Windows 2000/XP)
http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/988