Sign in with
Your question

Asus P4S533 and PC3200 and Geforce4 4200 Setup

Last response: in Motherboards
June 21, 2002 1:48:17 PM

Just built PC and had a couple of questions about setup.
I installed PIV 1.6A and set FSB to PCI to 133/33 and set CPU/Memory Ratio to 4:6 for the PC3200 to run at 200mhz. Rebooted and everything works fine.
I then went back in to see the memory settings and adjust settings for the video card.

Memory:
The memory (OCZ) setting are said to be 2.5 3-6-3 2T but the bios says it is at 2.5 4-7-4 Auto. I tried manually configuring the settings to the mfg settings but the system wouldn't start. Any suggestions?

Video: Let me know if you see anything wrong here
Set graphis aperture size to 256 (half size of system ram)
Set AGP to 4X
Set AGP Fast Write to Enabled
Set Video Memory Cache Mode to: uncacheable, speculative write combining (USWC)

Thanks in advance
June 21, 2002 3:39:05 PM

Quote:
The memory (OCZ) setting are said to be 2.5 3-6-3 2T but the bios says it is at 2.5 4-7-4 Auto. I tried manually configuring the settings to the mfg settings but the system wouldn't start. Any suggestions?

first off...ocz sucks...
anyways...it just could be that your ocz pc3200 cant run at 400mhz at those timings...so the ram automatically relaxes the timings (by a lot may i add) so it can run.
as for your video card...it looks ok to me...but if you're having video problems...you may want to try disabling Fast Write.

:eek:  <b>Who fixed <font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s leaky faucet??</b> :eek: 
!