Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

All of a sudden all pictures load awful slow

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 22, 2004 9:03:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I'm using Win XP Home, I have a P4 w/512mb ram and all of a sudden any
picture loads real slow. I mean pictures on websites or attachments. I have
not added any strange software as far as I know. I always update on time,
defrag, clean the temp files compact and things like that. Is there anything
that I can do/check to get back into loading pictures faster. ?

More about : sudden pictures load awful slow

May 22, 2004 9:07:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I forgot to mention, I do use Zone Alarm, and I have to disable it many
times to download programs and files. I actually like to get rid of it, but
I'm scared to do it. I think it slows me down as well.........Peter

"PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
news:K82dndPlOP7-dzLdRVn-jA@omsoft.com...
> I'm using Win XP Home, I have a P4 w/512mb ram and all of a sudden any
> picture loads real slow. I mean pictures on websites or attachments. I
have
> not added any strange software as far as I know. I always update on time,
> defrag, clean the temp files compact and things like that. Is there
anything
> that I can do/check to get back into loading pictures faster. ?
>
>
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 7:56:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

PeterM, I have the same system, and everything loads slowly on the internet. When I select a URL, I often get the message "The document contains no data", several times before I can connect to the site. At other times I get a "times out" message. This never happened with Win98SE. Can we find out why this is so? I got the "The document contains no data" message when I tried to send this reply.
Related resources
May 23, 2004 11:46:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

We'll get to the bottom of this disturbing problem. I'm motivated now. I'll
keep on checking and of course I will keep you posted, if I find the cause
via another avenue. However, this NG here is very special, lots of very
bright people to help. I thank all the wonderful readers and MVP's in
advance...............Peter

"Peter7" <joybel(remove this)@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:338DB0AA-A24D-4E45-8030-94F255717493@microsoft.com...
> PeterM, I have the same system, and everything loads slowly on the
internet. When I select a URL, I often get the message "The document
contains no data", several times before I can connect to the site. At other
times I get a "times out" message. This never happened with Win98SE. Can we
find out why this is so? I got the "The document contains no data" message
when I tried to send this reply.
May 23, 2004 12:01:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I'm the original poster here, I also better mention that I upgraded to a MS
wireless keyboard and mouse. I hope that this is not causing the trouble. Of
course I gave away the original keyboard and mouse to my grandson. I can't
reverse things and check out if that caused the slow down. Thanks
again.............

"PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
news:G8udnTof88LMJC3d4p2dnA@omsoft.com...
> We'll get to the bottom of this disturbing problem. I'm motivated now.
I'll
> keep on checking and of course I will keep you posted, if I find the cause
> via another avenue. However, this NG here is very special, lots of very
> bright people to help. I thank all the wonderful readers and MVP's in
> advance...............Peter
>
> "Peter7" <joybel(remove this)@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> news:338DB0AA-A24D-4E45-8030-94F255717493@microsoft.com...
> > PeterM, I have the same system, and everything loads slowly on the
> internet. When I select a URL, I often get the message "The document
> contains no data", several times before I can connect to the site. At
other
> times I get a "times out" message. This never happened with Win98SE. Can
we
> find out why this is so? I got the "The document contains no data" message
> when I tried to send this reply.
>
>
!