The official Crysis Requirements thread

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
Link- http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php/topic,141.0.html

(Im almost positive that this came out of the mouth of one of the developers or execs down at Crytek)

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if your videocard is not listed, just check the TG VGA charts, and check the average FPS of each, and compare.

BTW, for all of those who purchased a high end pc recently, it would have been wise to wait till vista and DX10, cause Crysis will be one of the last DX9 playable games. :(

Qeldroma

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Thats why Im waiting. I know I would be p'oed if I made a new comp and couldnt play crysis. Once in a while a game comes out that makes you want to buy a whole new system for. Half Life 2, Halo 2, Now Crysis. Hell because of Fast and The Furious I bought a DVD Player. :roll: What a dumb reason that was.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Thats why Im waiting. I know I would be p'oed if I made a new comp and couldnt play crysis. Once in a while a game comes out that makes you want to buy a whole new system for. Half Life 2, Halo 2, Now Crysis. Hell because of Fast and The Furious I bought a DVD Player. :roll: What a dumb reason that was.

The rolling eyes smiley is commonly used to express sarcasm.

If you buy a medium range computer today, you can be sure that you can play Crysis. You won't be able to play it with high settings, or see the DX10 goodies but you will be able to play it and you will experience all the physics enhancements that are in the game. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Most DX10 improvements are primarily directed towards developers and not so much towards end-user feature richness. That is also the reason why they cannot bring it backwards towards XP, as they did a lot of design changes.

Waiting till you can get your hands on a DX10 gfx board and Vista at premium prices is kind of silly in my opinion unless you've got too much money for your own good.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don’t see how waiting for the next generation of cards can be called silly. My advice to everyone at this moment in time would be to wait for the next generation of cards, if it is not completely necessary to upgrade now. Would you rather spend £350 on a flagship GFX card now or would you rather wait four or five months and get the next generation of graphics cards for about the same price…

Think of it this way, would you have recommended people to buy the GeForce 4 four months before the 9700Pro was released. How about a GeForce 2 GTO four months before the GeForce 3 and Windows XP where released. When looking back that would have been some of the worst advice you could have given back then. What you need to keep in mind is for the five month wait you will not only be gaining a next generation card for about the same price. You will also (as is Ati’s legacy) be getting a card that is roughly twice the speed of the previous generations flagship card.

The best way to be able to ensure that you are going to get the best possible lifespan and biggest performance increase is to always buy as soon as a new generation of cards launches. Because for about 1 year after that every card that is released will just be an improvement of the original cards architecture giving no real benefits over the first revision of the card.

Well sorry for the rant, it’s amazing the reaction you can get out of a throw away comment sometimes.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Link- http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php/topic,141.0.html

(Im almost positive that this came out of the mouth of one of the developers or execs down at Crytek)

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
Internet: 256k+
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if your videocard is not listed, just check the TG VGA charts, and check the average FPS of each, and compare.

BTW, for all of those who purchased a high end pc recently, it would have been wise to wait till vista and DX10, cause Crysis will be one of the last DX9 playable games. :(

DX9 will be able to play on crysis, but wont utilize all the textures and eye candy that the DX10 cards will. A good mid-range card by the time crysis comes out that can play on medium settings would be either a x1900xt, or a 7900GT, depending on resolution size as well of course. Its going to be a all out battle out on this one.