lynn

I keep getting a message to say the programme is not responding and will end - click end now or cancel. Whichever I do, the box keeps coming back. I also have several white boxes appearing in the bottom of the screen. I've tried system restore but this isn't helping. I have three questions please.

1) If it is a virus, is it safe to re-subscribe to Norton Anti-Virus on line giving my credit card no.
2) Will updating my anti-virus clear the infection automatically and if not, how should I clear it (assuming it is infected).
3) In which order should I tackle the problem.

Many thanks.

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You have to more specific about the problem: what program is not responding? Do you get any messages when you start the program?

lynn

----- richard wrote: -----

You have to more specific about the problem: what program is not responding? Do you get any messages when you start the program?

The PC is fine when I start up but then appears to freeze whether I'm working in a document or on a web page then
these messages appear like pop-ups.

Lynn wrote:

> ----- richard wrote: -----
>
> You have to more specific about the problem: what program is not responding? Do you get any messages when you start the program?
>
> The PC is fine when I start up but then appears to freeze whether I'm working in a document or on a web page then
> these messages appear like pop-ups.

And would you like to share some information about the
computer, such as Make and Model, CPU model and speed,
installed RAM, video card, etc. And what is the CPU
temperature when applications start to hang?