Hi Group,

I just bought myself a new computer. I am really happy because I finally
have something decent.
Question: I am running XP Pro, and somewhere along the line I managed to do
something that wasn't what I wanted. I partitioned my HD, my main being C:
, but my other partition is F: the DVD Rom ist E: and the CDRW is D: How
do I change the letters so that the 2nd partition is the D: Partition and
the other CD or DVD drive are then E. and F. respectively? All help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

GL

On Sun, 23 May 2004 10:56:13 +0200, Geddy Lee wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> I just bought myself a new computer. I am really happy because I finally
> have something decent.
> Question: I am running XP Pro, and somewhere along the line I managed to do
> something that wasn't what I wanted. I partitioned my HD, my main being C:
> , but my other partition is F: the DVD Rom ist E: and the CDRW is D: How
> do I change the letters so that the 2nd partition is the D: Partition and
> the other CD or DVD drive are then E. and F. respectively? All help would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> GL

These are normal results after a fresh clean install of XP. Use Disk
Management. Right click on My Computer and select Manage. Click the Disk
Management branch. Right click on a drive and use Change Path or Drive
Letter.

Congratulations on the new system. Enjoy!
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User