Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Motherboard went bad A7V133. Returned for repair/exchange I paid shipping one way. Recieved a replacement back. They paid shipping. All is fine. Examined board and it was obviously used. Thats fine. Mine was returned about a year old. Went to examine the revision number. Sticker was placed on top of the revision and board model. Sticker said A7V133 without a revision number. Removed sticker to see the board is actually an A7V not the A7V133. Turn around time for first exchange was about 25 days. Now I have to wait till monday and demand they pay shipping both ways and send me another motherboard that is the A7V133 which is what I returned to them in the first place. So, my motherboard replacement time will now be nearly two months. I would just like to say. [-peep-] you ASUS you god damned assholes. Luckily I have three very nice systems of which I need two running most of the time. Hopefully one of those doesnt fail in while I wait for Asus to get its head out of its ass. NO advanced replacement option with asus! Again if there is an Asus employee here tell your company from me I said they are theives and scumbag assholes. I am sure they do this sort of thing all the time screwing over noobs. God damned assholes.

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hobbit on 06/22/02 10:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
I would just like to say. [-peep-] you ASUS you god damned assholes. Luckily I have three very nice systems of which I need two running most of the time. Hopefully one of those doesnt fail in while I wait for Asus to get its head out of its ass. NO advanced replacement option with asus! Again if there is an Asus employee here tell your company from me I said they are theives and scumbag assholes. I am sure they do this sort of thing all the time screwing over noobs. God damned assholes.

So you say Asus is bad? Or the manufacturer you got the motherboard from? Asus doesn't make bad products, but their support can get a little sketchy, considering they are located in Taiwan. Asus isn't cheating you, just you're the victim of bad service.

"When there's a will, there's a way."

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes, I am the victum of crappy service. Waiting 2 months to resolve a motherboard failure is not acceptable. I do believe that relabeling a motherboard as a different model to fulfill an exchange is criminal. I cant prove they did it on purpose but I suspect whoever sent me the exchange knew very well what they were doing. They didnt have my exact model so they attempted fraud. I am dealing with ASUS directly not a seller.

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Generally what I do is try to deal with an online retailer and screw the original manufacturer. Asus simply doesn't have enough money to support staff to give full support and develop infrastructure. If the online retailer you bought it from can't RMA it for you it's as good as dead and you wasted your money.

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
You don't know if it was on purpose, it could have been a mislabeled item, just by accident. I wouldn't flame Asus right away, they are one of the most prominent motherboard manufacturers. And, since when did Asus sell directly through the company, they use resellers. If you are saying you got the part factory direct, you still bought it through a reseller. I'm not convinced Asus tried to cheat anyone.

"When there's a will, there's a way."

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sticker was placed on top of the revision and board model. Sticker said A7V133 without a revision number. Removed sticker to see the board is actually an A7V not the A7V133.
As I remember, I bought my old Asus A7V<b><font color=red>133</b></font color=red> (2 years ago) also the same. They used the same lay out as old A7V except different chipset (KT133A).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Regardless I am out a system for nearly two months. Asus deserves my contempt for this. I am dealing directly with the manufacturer for the repair.

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!

Cruiser

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002
Like no-name companies making fast money on cheap and crappy hardware.

Big companies more interested in making new money with new customers, than servicing their current customers.

The pace of the industry makes it almost impossible for most companies to spend time and money on service, it´s all about the money (the sales)!