Sign in with
Your question

7VRXP + Raid = Problem?!

Last response: in Motherboards
June 22, 2002 5:11:06 PM

I've tried (many times!) to install Raid HDDs on my just bought 7VRXP but failed. Anyone has experience how to setup Raid on 7VRXP mobo?

This is my computer setup:
XP1800+
GA7VRXP
KINGMAX 256MB X 2
ATI 7500 64MB DDR
SEGATE 60G HDD X 2
LITEON DVD
RICOH CD-RW

More about : 7vrxp raid problem

June 22, 2002 8:16:46 PM

What is the problem you are experiencing? It's hard to give advice, if we don't know what your problems are.

I have got the OS to install to RAID, but testing in SiSoft Sandra gives me a benchmark equivilant to a single 7200 RPM drive. Not sure why it's not running at full speed, but at least I got the OS installed on it, which is a is unfotuanitely futher than most people. I had a similar problem with Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum, so I have to check my hardware to make sure it is all functioning correclty. It may not be the mobo, it might be a power issue, or a cable issue.

I used the drivers from their website, but the supplied ones on the CD worked as well. I used the MB version, SF didn't work, it didn't show the drives. The ATA133 drivers showed two drives instead of just the one combined stripe. I don't have ATA133 drives, but I thought I would test it to see what would happen.

I wish for once, I could buy a motherboard that would work properly without all these hassles.

Best Regards,
Lonnie Bailey
!