Internet Explorer favorits list

Schism

How do I save ie's favorites list? I need to do a reinstall of
windoze but would like to keep my favorites list.

thanx
Bill

Hi,

Click file/import and export, follow the wizard prompts.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

schism wrote:
> How do I save ie's favorites list? I need to do a reinstall of
> windoze but would like to keep my favorites list.

Internet Explorer..
File -> Import and Export

(Follow directions appropriately after that..)

--
<- Shenan ->

schism <yeahright@notevenreal.org> wrote:

>How do I save ie's favorites list? I need to do a reinstall of
>windoze but would like to keep my favorites list.

By default, the Favorites are found in C:\DOCUMENTS AND
SETTINGS\{username}\FAVORITES. Backup this folder and all its
contents.

--
(tm)

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

you can also use xp fileandsetting transfer wizard. this would save more
than just your favorites. also your address book, network settings, outlook
express settings
only thing it doesn't transfer is your passwords.