Network Neighborhood

I recently started using a new computer running Windows XP but I noticed that the Network Neighborhood icon is not on the desktop as it has been on my previous computers. How do I get that icon to appear on my desktop?
Thanks

In XP "My Network Places" icon provides the same function as NN did
with Win95 and 98.

=?Utf-8?B?bWMyNTIy?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I recently started using a new computer running Windows XP but I noticed that the Network Neighborhood icon is not on the desktop as it has been on my previous computers. How do I get that icon to appear on my desktop?
>Thanks

| "mc2522" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I recently started using a new computer running Windows XP but
| I noticed that the Network Neighborhood icon is not on the
| desktop as it has been on my previous computers. How do I get
| that icon to appear on my desktop?

To add My Network Places to your desktop right-click the Desktop,
and then click Properties. Click the Desktop tab, and then click
Customize Desktop. Click to select My Network Places.

To add My Network Places to your Start Menu right-click the Start
button, and then click Properties. On the Start Menu tab click
Customize. On the Advanced tab, under Start menu items, select
My Network Places.

For more information read the applicable sections (and
subsections) of the following chapter:

Windows XP Professional Product Documentation
Customizing your Computer
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/hs_customizing_computer.mspx